• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gen 2 Matte Red Frogskins

Mdgustaf

I should Work at Oakley
Lebanon, CT USA
Greetings all, I just recently received my first pair of gen 2 matte red frogskins. I am trying to deduce authenticity and am having a tough time, so I'm using one of my life-lines and polling the experts here... They appear legit as everything else looks right and other frogskins replacement lenses have fit perfectly in the frame, but my question is...

Does the matte red pair have a sku on the inside earstem? Thank you for your help guys!

This pair has all the other standard markings but no sku anywhere. The buyer was legit and like I've said everything else looks good but I don't really know much about the matte red frame frog. I will try to follow up with some pics tomorrow. Thank you for the help!

Oh, alright. I saw someone picked up a pair from him that was new with just the glasses for $25. Wished I wasn't so tapped out

I'm hoping someone will come up with an explanation for why the pair doesn't have the sku on the inside earstem, I haven't mistakenly bought a fake in a long time but I'm far from perfect.

Any thoughts guys? Rvf? Really any help is appreciated. If they are fake I can return them for a full refund but besides the lack of a sku everything else appears legit. Is their any reason why this pair of matte red frogskins don't have a sku? Thank you all!

1mik.jpg

eadz.jpg

It is tough to see, but the "CE Made in USA" is on this earstem identical to all of my other frogskins.

ceje.jpg

You can just make out the "Frogskins" on this earstem, but once again the lettering and everything looks identical to my other pairs. This is where i expected to see the SKU in white ink but alas unless it was done in invisible ink I see no SKU.

I apologize for the quality of the photos, i had some very high quality pictures but they were too big to post so i had to downgrade to iphone photos. You will notice violet lenses installed in these pictures, as i stated before I switched out the original lenses with ones bought from oakley and they fit perfect, no wiggle. Any help is appreciated, thanks guys!!!

Latest Posts

Back