• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Genuine Juliet Lenses

pupusasrock

I should Work at Oakley
USA
I recently purchased a set of Juliets from Ebay and the seller seemed to indicate that the ice lenses included were not OEM. (This didn't matter to me as I was going to replace them anyway)

Anyway, I opened them up yesterday and took a look at them and the bottom left lens has Polarized etched on it just like the OEM lenses do. After looking at them, they seem to me to be legit.

So I was wondering if there is a way to tell if these are OEM or not.

Thanks!

I believe OEM lenses are thicker on the nose bridge area and as you go towards the temple area, they are thinner. I have read it before but I could not find under search tab to back up my answer.

Evolense.....aka CXL.....etches the word "Polarized" on the inside....OEM Oakley I believe is etched on the outside. If you have an OEM Oakley lens to compare it's pretty easy to tell. But the letter text is pretty exact IMHO.

Evolense.....aka CXL.....etches the word "Polarized" on the inside....OEM Oakley I believe is etched on the outside. If you have an OEM Oakley lens to compare it's pretty easy to tell. But the letter text is pretty exact IMHO.

In addition to your statement, some "Polarized" are etched on the inside.
Eg. Juliet Fire Polarized.

Really? Wow I did not know that as I'm not a big Polarized wearer. Companies are getting better everyday reproducing O....

Back