• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Genuine Romeo X Metal Replacement Lenses?

chrispy

Oakley Beginner
Like a fool I didn't listen to the advice handed me about replacing the genuine X Metal Romeo lenses to keep them safe (and use an aftermarket pair instead) and they fell off my head and the right lense has a little scratch on it. So, my question is......is there anywhere I can get a genuine pair of etched replacement lenses for them? I'll be truthful now and say I didn't feel this bad when my grandfather passed away. I love these Romeos and wear them every day the sun is out (due to chronic migraines) and they don't feel right now. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Genuine lenses with the x-metal etching will be difficult to find - and will cost double a pair of oem custom cuts
Finish will have a big influence on price, as well - fire being rarest and therefore dearest.

In all honesty, I have back up oem pairs for each colourway and sometimes ask myself why - because of the inherent spider crack issue I am unlikely to install them anyway. They are solely to keep the potential to restore my pairs back to A1 condition.

Also, custom cuts give more choice for colour options.

Good luck if you decide to go the oem/etched way - out of interest, what colour are you after?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The original plain black lenses. I can get replacement ones for £20 here in the UK but i'd be happy to pay more obviously for genuine etched ones.

The original plain black lenses. I can get replacement ones for £20 here in the UK but i'd be happy to pay more obviously for genuine etched ones.
They will cost £150 if you can find them. A pair of @ChrisAHardaway ones will be approx half that and will be cut from genuine Oakley material.

The ones for £20 you see will be of a far inferior quality.

There is a seller on eBay selling etched lenses (he is also a member on here) but they are aftermarket and of unknown quality. They are £59 a pair. Most feel that trying (and looking pretty good) to replicate the etching is a no-no but it comes down to personal choice if you are comfortable with that.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I assume those "replacement ones for £20" are aftermarket. The "OEM custom cuts" mjt42 is talking about is an alternative that allows you to still have Oakley-manufactured lenses and avoid the issues of the lesser quality found in most aftermarket lenses.

Basically you get a suitable OEM replacement set of lenses for a different Oakley frame then have a professional cut them to fit your frame. @Chris A Hardaway offers this service.

You will lack the etching on original R1 lenses but otherwise you'd still be looking through Oakley optics. It's a popular option when original OEM replacements are not available or prohibitively expensive.

Back