• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold Gold juliets for sale or trade towards R1

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

i have a beautiful pair of custom gold anodized Oakley Juliets done by infinitehero with oakley 24k lenses. both frame and lenses are flawless not a scratch on them. they've pretty much just sat on display. the nose bombs and ear socks are rootbeer and are in great condition as well. I bought these initially to wear daily but they are way too nice for me to want to do that. Also I just got a pair of juliet polished with hammerstems that I'm having tuned up for a daily wear pair instead. I cant justify a large collection at this time because I'm currently going through treatment for leukemia and prepping for a stem cell transplant. Since I have 3 pairs of juliets and a nice pair of e-wire 1.0 I think I need to let the goldies go and get a pair of R1s which I've always wanted. I dont need a complete set or anything just a daily pair of r1s that are in good shape. Looking to trade plus cash on my end obviously or sell outright for $280 firm :)

20180818_110956.jpg

18468.jpeg

18469.jpeg

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
Those are sweet. Somebody get this man an R1!

Godspeed your recovery fellow Oakley bro.. sending positive thoughts and well wishes your way ....

If someone is interested in trading their R1 for this gold custom Juliet ,maybe if we can pool our resources we can help offset the cost of the trade to help you out .... I would be more than willing to send some funds through PayPal....

Cheers again to your speedy recovery sir

Praying for ya, buddy. I bought your XX back in Jan and have wondered how things are going...

I’d be willing to add towards the R1 difference.

I'm getting there, it's been a tough year. I was diagnosed with MDS back in December. I had been getting blood and platelet transfusions to carry me through until I was able to have the stem cell transplant to cure the MDS unfortunately in april it turned into acute leukemia and I was hospitalized at UT hospital in Knoxville where I had chemotherapy and was there for a month. I ended up getting pneumonia and went into critical care. Once stablized I was transported to Vanderbilt hospital in Nashville I had fluid around the outside of one of my lungs which made it collapse so I had surgery to have a drain tube inserted to get rid of the fluid. Unfortunately there was some layering over my lung that they had to remove which called for a bigger incision and a more complex surgery and because my platelets (which stop bleeding by clotting) were not being made in my system because of the cancer this was an extra risky situation. The surgery went well but a week or so later they found fluid around my heart and a layer to be peeled also. Now this was a super risky surgery because I was already recovering from the one before. The surgeons were not sure if they would do the surgery because of the risk but the downside of it all was if they didnt I had only days to live. When I was told this I was in shock I mean hell I'm only 38 and I have a 4 year old daughter I'm not at all ready to go yet. I'll admit I spent a few hours calling as many friends and family members I could think of to say goodbye it was a really tough night for sure. Eventually when I saw the drs again I went from sad to a bit angry and said " listen, I'm not gonna just sit here and give up! Tell that damn surgeon that I'd rather die on the table than die sitting here feeling sorry for myself so just do the damn surgery" well they did it and here I am. I spent the next 8 weeks in the hospital recovering and I've been out now for 3 weeks starting to do physical therapy. I'm living at the American cancer society's hope lodge and going to the hospital daily for blood and platelet transfusions. I'm staying pretty positive overall which can be hard sometimes especially not being home since april 2nd but at least I have been able to see my daughter on a few occasions and facetime daily. So overall I think I'm on the uphill journey back to the transplant when I'm strong enough then I can close this chapter of my life after that. Sorry for the long rant but that's my story in a nutshell lol.

Sending healing prayers your way brother. I’m in on the donation towards your R1.

I cant say enough good things about this community. I've had alot of hobbies from RC helicopters to pinball machines but this is the friendliest most good natured bunch I have ever been a part of. Thank you guys you're all awesome!!!

Username Hidden said:
I'm getting there, it's been a tough year. I was diagnosed with MDS back in December. I had been getting blood and platelet transfusions to carry me through until I was able to have the stem cell transplant to cure the MDS unfortunately in april it turned into acute leukemia and I was hospitalized at UT hospital in Knoxville where I had chemotherapy and was there for a month. I ended up getting pneumonia and went into critical care. Once stablized I was transported to Vanderbilt hospital in Nashville I had fluid around the outside of one of my lungs which made it collapse so I had surgery to have a drain tube inserted to get rid of the fluid. Unfortunately there was some layering over my lung that they had to remove which called for a bigger incision and a more complex surgery and because my platelets (which stop bleeding by clotting) were not being made in my system because of the cancer this was an extra risky situation. The surgery went well but a week or so later they found fluid around my heart and a layer to be peeled also. Now this was a super risky surgery because I was already recovering from the one before. The surgeons were not sure if they would do the surgery because of the risk but the downside of it all was if they didnt I had only days to live. When I was told this I was in shock I mean hell I'm only 38 and I have a 4 year old daughter I'm not at all ready to go yet. I'll admit I spent a few hours calling as many friends and family members I could think of to say goodbye it was a really tough night for sure. Eventually when I saw the drs again I went from sad to a bit angry and said " listen, I'm not gonna just sit here and give up! Tell that damn surgeon that I'd rather die on the table than die sitting here feeling sorry for myself so just do the damn surgery" well they did it and here I am. I spent the next 8 weeks in the hospital recovering and I've been out now for 3 weeks starting to do physical therapy. I'm living at the American cancer society's hope lodge and going to the hospital daily for blood and platelet transfusions. I'm staying pretty positive overall which can be hard sometimes especially not being home since april 2nd but at least I have been able to see my daughter on a few occasions and facetime daily. So overall I think I'm on the uphill journey back to the transplant when I'm strong enough then I can close this chapter of my life after that. Sorry for the long rant but that's my story in a nutshell lol.

Stay strong...