• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Got my perfect Flak's...for now

hstexan

Oakley Beginner
MS
I've had a pair of polarized Half Jacket's for around 5 years now and the lenses are beat and scratched beyond repair. The cost of another pair of replacement lenses is about half the cost of a new pair of Flak's anyway and I've wanted a pair for awhile so I figured why not. Back when I bought my Half Jackets I had wished they made a pair in a matte black finish...I've never been one for glossy finishes so I ended up getting the dark grey frame. It wasn't perfect, but they were good enough and they've been fantastic glasses.

In the hunt for a replacement pair I discovered they started selling matte black SI Flak's on the regular Oakley site and thought they were perfect. That is until I went on the custom Oakley site and started building a pair and discovered the grey smoke frame color. Research showed me that they used to be made in a matte finish, but the current iteration of grey smoke is actually glossy, similar to crystal black. Sadly my perfect pair wasn't made any more. I started scouring eBay for pairs of the SI and matte grey smoke frames, and almost won a few auctions for some of the SI glasses. Randomly last week when I was kicking around the house at my future BIL's bachelor party I decided to check my eBay app to see if anything new had been posted. Sure enough I found a pair of the older matte grey smoke/slate iridium Flak's for sale. I sent a message to the seller just to double check they were what I thought they were and then entered a bid that was sure to win me the pair. Auction expired a couple days later and I got them for what I feel is a good deal, especially considering they are exactly what I wanted.

Also picked up a couple flag bags from a forum member and those happened to show up today as well. In the process of working out a trade for some BIP lenses for the Flak's and then I'll have my perfect pair for under $75 cost. Of course I still want some of the matte black frames, but I guess this is an addiction after all.

MdDsIBL.jpg

8QdfLDi.jpg

+1.
Flaks rock, especially the XLJ's. Definitely one of the better newer pairs.

Latest Posts

Back