• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello from another Upstate NY’er

Jaharr88

Oakley Beginner
Hello everybody. There seem to be a number of New Yorkers here. I’m in Rochester, between Buffalo and Syracuse. Birthplace of Kodak, Xerox and even Bausch & Lomb. (Not sure if B&L’s former eyeglass product are a bad word on this forum.)

Just got into Oakleys a few years ago, as I always had a difficult time finding ones that fit my small head and narrow face. (I welcome suggestions …) Then I needed a good pair of polarized lenses with prescription for boating, and found the Sliver Stealth model to be a pretty good fit. (They just broke in half at the bridge, which I believe needs to be a story for a later time per the forum rules.) I fell in love with the look, feel and lightness of them, and the enhanced reds from the prism deepwater polarized lenses made even average sunsets over the lake look special.

Happy to be a part of the forum. Take care, all.

Aloha and welcome to the Forum. :cool-33:🤙

tmp 5.gif

Hello everybody. There seem to be a number of New Yorkers here. I’m in Rochester, between Buffalo and Syracuse. Birthplace of Kodak, Xerox and even Bausch & Lomb. (Not sure if B&L’s former eyeglass product are a bad word on this forum.)

Just got into Oakleys a few years ago, as I always had a difficult time finding ones that fit my small head and narrow face. (I welcome suggestions …) Then I needed a good pair of polarized lenses with prescription for boating, and found the Sliver Stealth model to be a pretty good fit. (They just broke in half at the bridge, which I believe needs to be a story for a later time per the forum rules.) I fell in love with the look, feel and lightness of them, and the enhanced reds from the prism deepwater polarized lenses made even average sunsets over the lake look special.

Welcome! I remember the days of Bosch and Lomb produced glass lenses for Ray Ban, the best lenses I ever had. I still have my old pair of Ray Bans.

Last edited:

Welcome, fellow citizen of Rochacha!

Welcome

Back