• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello! Straight jacket with polish and matte black temples.

Jman5000

Oakley Beginner
Hello! Looking to get a backup straight jacket. I have two a polished black with matte black temple piece and matte black. On ebay many of the polished black look polisjes on temple piece too? Is there a model number or stuyle to search for this?

Also my matte black seems to wear down faster than my original? Are they cheaper made?

Thanks!

2AE00C79-FF04-4A7D-836F-5440513496F0.png

Hello! Looking to get a backup straight jacket. I have two a polished black with matte black temple piece and matte black. On ebay many of the polished black look polisjes on temple piece too? Is there a model number or stuyle to search for this?

Also my matte black seems to wear down faster than my original? Are they cheaper made?

Thanks!

View attachment 966429

Sku numbers 12-935 and 24-019 are two of the more common models with polished black frames and matte black temples. You can see a full listing at the link below. If you look at each colorway, you can determine which ones have polished or matte temple pieces.

You are also right that Oakley’s newer matte black frames seem cheaper made and less matte than the older ones for sure.

Great links thanks!

A bit off topic…i always wanted a black pokish with grey temple straight jacket however never found one. Is there a way to pull the temples as a separate pieces off? Would be intereting to take it off a grey pair.”

Great links thanks!

A bit off topic…i always wanted a black pokish with grey temple straight jacket however never found one. Is there a way to pull the temples as a separate pieces off? Would be intereting to take it off a grey pair.”
Sorry, just saw your reply. Yes they can be removed and yeah, I have often visualized a similar idea. I don’t know of any of the stock colorways that had grey temples, but a custom would be cool. Matte black frame with grey temples, metallic blue icons and Prizm sapphire lenses. That’s what I want lol

Sorry, just saw your reply. Yes they can be removed and yeah, I have often visualized a similar idea. I don’t know of any of the stock colorways that had grey temples, but a custom would be cool. Matte black frame with grey temples, metallic blue icons and Prizm sapphire lenses. That’s what I want lol
Thanks

i like your style! Are there instructions anywhere On how to remove them? I’m going to start looking. I forget the name of a previous model I own that has the grey black look I’m still surprised they never did it…even the pit bosses had them.

Oh and thanks for the listings I just found a used yet like new one on sale and grabbed it…looks incredible!

Back