• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help picking which PRIZM len.

Jonny2400

Oakley Beginner
Guys,

Which non sport Prizm lens has the highest level of colour enhancement ? Ie deeper greens and blues.

Tungsten won't exactly "deepen" the greens, but will make them stand out a lot more kind of "popping", but the blues will appear more violet until your eyes adjust to the warmth. The bronze base of Tungsten gives the highest degree of 'contrast'. Color Enhancement is more subjective.

Prizm Shallow Water isn't as strong on contrast, but does deepen some of the greens while making others pop (gives the greens a bit more variety among itself), blues are muted though.

Prizm Trail will darken both greens and blues a bit (but far as skies, it appears more cyan), but has a crazy amount of pop on the red/orange end (Prizm Trail tones that down, but at the cost of less contrast between the two ends).

Tungsten is the highest contrast non-sport oriented, followed by either 24K or Rose Gold. Trail is possibly the highest contrast among the sports lens, but it's very bright compared to most (36% VLT), and it's not available polarized.

Last edited by a moderator:
Non-sport lenses have usually lesser contrast vs sport lenses but Tungsten might be your best bet.
Thanks, I have the non sport sapphire & black prizm lenses, the sapphire colour enhancement is really nice and noticeable, the blacks have zero colour enhancements as far as I can tell.

I was thinking about either Jade or Tungsten, but I can’t find anything on either lenses colour enhancement compares to the sapphire.

Thanks, I have the non sport sapphire & black prizm lenses, the sapphire colour enhancement is really nice and noticeable, the blacks have zero colour enhancements as far as I can tell.

I was thinking about either Jade or Tungsten, but I can’t find anything on either lenses colour enhancement compares to the sapphire.
I own both Prizm Sapphire Polarized and Tungsten Polarized. Sapphire is a grey base and is quite neutral in terms of color and contrast boost, and I notice it has a slight color shift near the edges of the lens if you look out thru the sides (Tungsten does not, especially since it doesn't have a color shifting mirror finish). I don't really care for sapphire, it's too flat for me.

Tungsten is very warm, and very high contrast by comparison.

Deep Water Polarized is similar to Sapphire but more of a color boost without being as insane on the contrast pop. It's a little warmer but not by much compared to Sapphire (its' also a rose base instead of a grey base). Prizm Daily would be in between Sapphire and Deep Water (it's like a milder Deep Water looking thru the back).

Jade or Sapphire are the two best when it comes to enhancing blue and green imo

Live out on 5 acres surrounded by another 120 in pastures and pecan tree fields and cattle

These are my go to lenses for outside wear

Back