• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help to MOD - racing jacket Gen2

I would ask @SOULfulFROG via PM. He is a recognized Frogskin and Holbrook painter and has branched a bit into a few other models..Jupiter comes to mind. He may be willing to take on or at least discuss your project with you. He gets to be busy at times, he has a full-time gig and a family so approach him with that in mind. He may also veto Racing Jackets right away for a very valid reason, but he'll be able to tell you why!

I am speaking from a TOTALLY biased point of view because I am a proud owner / wearer of 4 of his Holbrook creations and one of his original Frogskins. And I am not the least bit ashamed to stump for him.

:)

I would ask @SOULfulFROG via PM. He is a recognized Frogskin and Holbrook painter and has branched a bit into a few other models..Jupiter comes to mind. He may be willing to take on or at least discuss your project with you. He gets to be busy at times, he has a full-time gig and a family so approach him with that in mind. He may also veto Racing Jackets right away for a very valid reason, but he'll be able to tell you why!

I am speaking from a TOTALLY biased point of view because I am a proud owner / wearer of 4 of his Holbrook creations and one of his original Frogskins. And I am not the least bit ashamed to stump for him.

I feel like I need to subscribe premium before speaking to him, hehe...
:) Thanks Doug
Can u post here his mods, would love to see it, best regards
And thanks for the tip

I believe what you are looking for is someone who does hydrodipping. I have had a few done in the past , including a Jawbreaker in a similar camo pattern.
That's what Optiek Van Gorp uses for most of their builds (like the one in the pic ).

@RacingJacketFAN Here is a pic of the Jawbreaker I had done in camo using hydrodipping.
Attach30603_20160706_163731.jpg

OK Take my Money Now!!
Hahaha

Now we are talking..!
Shall I contact the shop? Already found them online, only question is...
On lense swapping? Are chance paint get scratched? Or the "dipping" has some kind of varnish cover that makes it hard!?
Waiting on your reply

Which shop? Dr chop? He doesn't do hydroprinting.His stuff is paint...awesome paint.

If you're talking about Optiek Van Gorp, yeah they do hydroprinting but they are on the pricier end (but they do pretty cool stuff)

Depending on where you are located you might be able to work with someone local for less money.

PM me and I can give you more details.

OK Take my Money Now!!
Hahaha

Now we are talking..!
Shall I contact the shop? Already found them online, only question is...
On lense swapping? Are chance paint get scratched? Or the "dipping" has some kind of varnish cover that makes it hard!?
Waiting on your reply

As far as lens replacement, depends on which frame you are talking about. In some you have to be more careful than others to avoid paint or print chipping (Radar, Radarlock). In others because of the way lenses are mounted there is not that much concern (Jawbones, Jawbreakers).

Back