• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
That stickerbomb indeed looks amazing, I wonder how they do this. It must be some wrapping they apply over the frame instead of custom paint I guess?

Stickerbomb (and other styles) are done with hydro dipping. Google "hydro dipping" or "hydrographics" for more info.
Some of the other styles are painted.

I have various Stickerbomb hydro dipped Oakleys (including a Jawbreaker) and many others that are hydro dipped in various patterns.

Most of mine were done by Colorado Custom Look out of Denver maybe 3 years ago although I do have several from Optiek van Gorp. None from Outdoor Evasion though.

Those are legit. A friend of mine who lived in Sweden actually got one from them. He said the base is Oakley and they just custom paint it.

I saw your website Karel, a lot of really cool designs there :cool-20:

They're good guys. I've bought several from them, including a temperature dependent color shift Jawbreaker that is awesome.
First one I got from Karel and his shop was a Stickerbomb Radar EV a couple of years ago.

They're good guys. I've bought several from them, including a temperature dependent color shift Jawbreaker that is awesome.
First one I got from Karel and his shop was a Stickerbomb Radar EV a couple of years ago.

A temperature dependent color shift Jawbreaker, that’s something I didn’t know was even possible. What are the possible colors of this specific Jawbreaker?

A temperature dependent color shift Jawbreaker, that’s something I didn’t know was even possible. What are the possible colors of this specific Jawbreaker?
I think Specialized did it some time ago with a Orange/Yellow color depending frame, maybe is the same with the Jawbreaker.

Last week, I ordered some normal stuff from their catalogue, besides of that, one EV frame only, one EV with other lenses and one M-frame that they had to order... They sent it before leaving to their race and will came tmrw by DHL (from ESP to CH took only three days).

Yes. There are several options. Mine is yellow when above a certain temp and orange when below. It's pretty cool. Just like the Specialized bikes for the Rio Olympics. If you search my collection thread (although it's missing a lot of pics of many pairs I have) there are pics of these Jawbreakers in there.
@SouLFuLFroG has also done some customs with that type of paint.

I think Specialized did it some time ago with a Orange/Yellow color depending frame, maybe is the same with the Jawbreaker.

Last week, I ordered some normal stuff from their catalogue, besides of that, one EV frame only, one EV with other lenses and one M-frame that they had to order... They sent it before leaving to their race and will came tmrw by DHL (from ESP to CH took only three days).

It's the same. Please note that we are talking about two different vendors here though. I have never bought from Outdoor Evasion in Spain. I HAVE bought from Karel's shop (Optiek van Gorp in Belgium) . They are the ones that made those Jawbreakers.

Back