• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help with Gen2 frog skins

Beefpipe

Oakley Beginner
I bought my first pair of frog skins from ebay about 2 years ago. The lenses had delaminated so i contacted Oakley and they sent a set of lenses out which didn't fit. very slightly to small if i remember rightly. emails went back and forth and another set of lenses sent out and i even sent the frames to oakley to see if they were fakes. this was their view on the frames which i thought was a little bit vague.

"Thank you for calling us today.

The glasses have been sent back to you, and the only thing we can advise you now is that these glasses might be an really old generation of the Frogskins, todays lenses will not fit this frame, and we do not have any parts left for the old generation, unfortunately."

So the gen3 lenses don't fit and its deffo not a gen1. They never said they were fake but like wise never said they were not.

I contacted the seller who was a little upset when i asked if they were fake, he gave and order number, from Oakley and they said that he hadn't bought frog skins, that it was a different model, seller then said he'd never owned the model they said he'd bought. he seemed legit to be fare to him. The case is a lighter shade of pink, not as soft and says made in china as appose to my other frog skins saying made in Cambodia

I'm looking for your views on what i have and if there are after market lenses i can buy. also best place to older Oakley's ebay seems a mine field of fakes and when i buy what i thought are real this happens.

Thanks guys

image1.JPG
m
image2.JPG
image3.JPG
image4.JPG
image5.JPG
image6.JPG

They are defo Gen 3. The oakley factory pilot logo looks off to me. Gen 3 lense should fit. Even the sku matches to a polished white ruby Gen 3. No clue on this one. Perhaps a frame varrience. Who knows. Definitely 100% not Gen 2

The bag is fine by the way. Anyway. The only thing you can do is try a Gen 3 lense yourself. If it won't go in they are probably a very good fake or a frame shinkage of some sort. Lol. Good luck

Hi, thanks guys,

Ive tried 2 sets of gen3 lenses and they are to small by about 1mm. so annoying.

Back