• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hiya need help and info on fixing nosebridge pins

There is a video of some guy doing it himself with common tools. He didn’t need a press tool and it looks like it worked out for him... looks and sounds pretty straight forward, what could possible go wrong?

That press for me cost 150 bucks delivered ,my damn country have 25% tax + 10% for everything thats not shiped from eu ,for 200 i can get used juliets .

And that press will use it once and it will collect dust after . I asked in diy discusion for help obout pins and small press nobody helping obout what i asked .

I wanna do it my self i am electrotehnician i fix stuff for the living and i dont have money to trow away . Damm eu forbidded heating and hot water furnaces i currenty have , my broke down and winter is coming i need to repurpose my chimney ,new furnace and instalation of new condensing furnace damn 3000-4000 bucks damn vaillant will get billions of dollars whole damn europe needs to change them.

So i wanna do it cheaper thats why i came here if i wanted to do it with linegear press i would not be asking here.
If i had all that going on I'd wait on sunglasses! Just saying!

This all people are saying!!!!

IMG_3179.PNG

Exacty thats why i came here to ask obout pins , to me that looks like oxm rubbers and possibly pins , it must had ridged pins ,oxm said that there is some variation how big holes are . Damn that guy that is that is blind or what .

I got an idea how to do it without press i got wheeler punch set roll pin ,i could do it similar to that guy doing it on youtube but he had wrong punch pins that widened , id put torx screw line it with something soft and punch it out .

With correct size hole punch roll pin i could line it half way from other side and easily push it in . I really hoped someone know where i could get that small press or to manufacture it from something , if pin is to big need to file it with small round fine diamond file .

You don't need a press to get the pins out. I got a $5 set of pin punches at Harbor Freight. Use the 1/16" to punch out, and 1/8" to tap back in. Then use fresh pins and make sure the holes are completely aligned with the rubber couplers. It does no good to pound hard. If they don't tap in with slight force, they're not aligned. I used the ones with the ridge. They sort of click at the end. Good luck!
p. s. Make sure you clean the groove in the nose bridge, and get all the debris out from the old coupler.

20170924_175226.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure how big this pusher is
EZ Red PPT13 Roll Pin Remover for Clutch Cylinders | eBay
but may be good for pushing pin back in...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks mate now i have something to work with , dont get me wrong linegear press is great tool for people that use it all the time , they could make something like oakley is using similar to this roll pin remover for obout 10 bucks .

Thank stevelvv i got wheeler set of push pins with 1/16 punch pin and brass/plastic small hammer it seems ill do it like that if i cant find anything like that small press .

Last edited: