• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holbrook Sunglass Frames

oaksandnix

Oakley Enthusiast
Wisconsin
Greetings!

I’m presently in the market for new eyeglass frames and think the Holbrook sunglass frames are going to be it. Can anyone confirm that the Custom Holbrook frames in Brown Tortoise ARE NOT matte?

I know when buying Holbrooks right off the shelf, the Brown Tortoise is matte finished and from the looks of the frame description when doing a custom pair, it doesn’t note matte but I was curious if anyone has ordered a pair recently.

I know newer Holbrook Rx frames have come out but I want a polished or crystal finish, not matte ones. So much as I’d get Rx ones, I know plenty of people have done sunglass frames and gotten prescription clear lenses instead. TIA!

all the newer Holbrook tortoise frames (57/18) I've seen are matte. I had to get an older pair to get polished (55/18 frame). It should say matte tortoise though in the description. You may have to just request more info from whoever you are looking to purchase from.

all the newer Holbrook tortoise frames (57/18) I've seen are matte. I had to get an older pair to get polished (55/18 frame). It should say matte tortoise though in the description. You may have to just request more info from whoever you are looking to purchase from.

I’m hoping to stop through an Oakley store tomorrow to make the purchase in person.

Also, I’m hoping to use the Holbrook sunglass frames with clear Rx lenses. Anyone with experience doing this yet?

Latest Posts

Back