• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holbrook TI

My only concern with them having spring hinges and no grip material on the temples is that they could come off accidentally and get damaged. For being a higher cost pair of O frames being Ti, I am hesitant to pick them up yet.

I bought a pair of these (satin toast/prizm tungsten polarized) a month ago and I figured I’d provide an update on my experience with this pair for those who are interested (or on the fence).

Fit: I fit somewhere between a regular and XL Holbrook. I always thought the regular Holbrook was slightly tight on my head, but the XL almost looks oversized. These fit slightly larger than an original Holbrook. They also have spring hinges which allow them to flex out and the stems have a ‘wrapped‘ shape which fits wider heads nicely. I have personally bought every Holbrook that was released at some time or other, and my opinion is these are the most comfortable of all of them and it isn’t even close. The nose pieces are adjustable too (similar to the Holbrook metal) so you can adjust them to sit higher or lower on your head. They don’t have unobtanium on the ear socks, that would be the only thing I wish they did to make these better. I have personally wore these driving for long hours and they are very comfy to wear for long periods of time.

Style: Let’s just address the elephant in the room, these probably fall outside of what a Holbrook purist would claim is a holbrook, and I totally get it. They are more ‘wire-y’ than the other Holbrooks, and don’t have a square icon. I think they look like a dressed up version of the Holbrook. The ’divots’ on both corners of the orbital and the double-bridge which looks like a Holbrook bridge do give it ‘hints’ of the Holbrook. You probably won’t take these doing hardcore sports, but they are great for hanging out/driving/light hiking. If you are a Holbrook purist these probably aren’t for you, if you are looking for a dressy pair of sunglasses that have ‘hints’ of the Holbrook than these are great. I did get the satin toast/prizm tungsten polarized pair, and I love the finish of the satin toast. Understated yet looks nice when seeing it up close.

Durability: I’ve only owned these for a month so take that into consideration. The key to these durability will be the spring hinges. One benefit these have over the Holbrook metal is the lens are completely ‘in’ the wire frame, whereas the Holbrook metal has Beveled lens which can peel/crack. I think these will be more durable than the Holbrook metal, but probably not as durable as the regular Holbrook.

Price: This is the one part of these glasses I don’t like. Yeah, I get it they are titanium and they do come with a carrying case, but I would probably wait until Oakley runs a $30 off sale or 20-30% off glasses (so basically every few weeks).

Overall thoughts: When I initially started wearing these I was lukewarm about them, but after wearing them for a few weeks I absolutely love them. They fit great, are super lightweight, look great, and I like the finish on them. If you can get them on sale I think they are a nice buy.

I bought a pair of these (satin toast/prizm tungsten polarized) a month ago and I figured I’d provide an update on my experience with this pair for those who are interested (or on the fence).

Fit: I fit somewhere between a regular and XL Holbrook. I always thought the regular Holbrook was slightly tight on my head, but the XL almost looks oversized. These fit slightly larger than an original Holbrook. They also have spring hinges which allow them to flex out and the stems have a ‘wrapped‘ shape which fits wider heads nicely. I have personally bought every Holbrook that was released at some time or other, and my opinion is these are the most comfortable of all of them and it isn’t even close. The nose pieces are adjustable too (similar to the Holbrook metal) so you can adjust them to sit higher or lower on your head. They don’t have unobtanium on the ear socks, that would be the only thing I wish they did to make these better. I have personally wore these driving for long hours and they are very comfy to wear for long periods of time.

Style: Let’s just address the elephant in the room, these probably fall outside of what a Holbrook purist would claim is a holbrook, and I totally get it. They are more ‘wire-y’ than the other Holbrooks, and don’t have a square icon. I think they look like a dressed up version of the Holbrook. The ’divots’ on both corners of the orbital and the double-bridge which looks like a Holbrook bridge do give it ‘hints’ of the Holbrook. You probably won’t take these doing hardcore sports, but they are great for hanging out/driving/light hiking. If you are a Holbrook purist these probably aren’t for you, if you are looking for a dressy pair of sunglasses that have ‘hints’ of the Holbrook than these are great. I did get the satin toast/prizm tungsten polarized pair, and I love the finish of the satin toast. Understated yet looks nice when seeing it up close.

Durability: I’ve only owned these for a month so take that into consideration. The key to these durability will be the spring hinges. One benefit these have over the Holbrook metal is the lens are completely ‘in’ the wire frame, whereas the Holbrook metal has Beveled lens which can peel/crack. I think these will be more durable than the Holbrook metal, but probably not as durable as the regular Holbrook.

Price: This is the one part of these glasses I don’t like. Yeah, I get it they are titanium and they do come with a carrying case, but I would probably wait until Oakley runs a $30 off sale or 20-30% off glasses (so basically every few weeks).

Overall thoughts: When I initially started wearing these I was lukewarm about them, but after wearing them for a few weeks I absolutely love them. They fit great, are super lightweight, look great, and I like the finish on them. If you can get them on sale I think they are a nice buy.
I bought the Satin Toast and awaiting arrival. I got them for $120 off which was too good to pass up.

I bought the Satin Toast and awaiting arrival. I got them for $120 off which was too good to pass up.
Looking forward to getting your thoughts! I’m hoping they release a few more colors, I do like the prizm sapphire polarized color as well!

Looking forward to getting your thoughts! I’m hoping they release a few more colors, I do like the prizm sapphire polarized color as well!
If I like these I am also gonna want that Sapphire pair and hopefully a Ruby comes out in the future. Your reviews are so professionally done and I really enjoy them:)

Thanks for the detailed review @WildWires I have been holding off getting them until a sale. But I am going to pull the trigger on the Sapphire Polarized and the Jade Ejectors as well.

Thanks for the detailed review @WildWires I have been holding off getting them until a sale. But I am going to pull the trigger on the Sapphire Polarized and the Jade Ejectors as well.
Good choice. I love the ejectors too. I wish they wouldn’t have discontinued the rose gold/tungsten pair.

If I like these I am also gonna want that Sapphire pair and hopefully a Ruby comes out in the future. Your reviews are so professionally done and I really enjoy them:)
Thanks! I’ve always thought there aren’t many bad Oakleys, there are bad expectations. If I can give anybody a good idea of what to expect, hopefully they will have a more positive experience with their glasses 😀!