• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holbrook XL / Prizm / Polarised - Reflection Issue?

Nitefly

Oakley Beginner
Hi all - new to the forum and have been having a browse for a pair of Oakleys. I'm looking to get a prescription pair and in the UK this is not cheap (~$400 so really quite the investment). I was intending on going with a prizm polarised pair.

I tried some on today and decided I liked the Holbrook XLs simply because they were the most comfortable to wear despite only have a medium sized head. The Holbrook metals and mixed versions pressed my head slightly which was OK but not ideal. I couldn't really tell the size difference between the XLs on the others so all things considered, XLs seemed the way forward (with the cool woodgrain finish).

The next issue is whether to go sapphire or deep water and from a quick browse I've noticed a few posts mention a reflective flare issue with glasses that don't sit tight to your face. I'm now a bit worried that I'm about to spank down serious money on glasses that will reflect my own face due to their non-wrapped size and peeve me off! Perhaps I'm over thinking things but is this a problem that will be exacerbated by going DWP? Or is the sapphire a better choice for these reasons? Or am I massively overthinking it?

In any case, any thoughts on DWP over the sapphire prizm polarised, or vice versa?

Thanks in advance :D

Hi all - new to the forum and have been having a browse for a pair of Oakleys. I'm looking to get a prescription pair and in the UK this is not cheap (~$400 so really quite the investment). I was intending on going with a prizm polarised pair.

I tried some on today and decided I liked the Holbrook XLs simply because they were the most comfortable to wear despite only have a medium sized head. The Holbrook metals and mixed versions pressed my head slightly which was OK but not ideal. I couldn't really tell the size difference between the XLs on the others so all things considered, XLs seemed the way forward (with the cool woodgrain finish).

The next issue is whether to go sapphire or deep water and from a quick browse I've noticed a few posts mention a reflective flare issue with glasses that don't sit tight to your face. I'm now a bit worried that I'm about to spank down serious money on glasses that will reflect my own face due to their non-wrapped size and peeve me off! Perhaps I'm over thinking things but is this a problem that will be exacerbated by going DWP? Or is the sapphire a better choice for these reasons? Or am I massively overthinking it?

In any case, any thoughts on DWP over the sapphire prizm polarised, or vice versa?

Thanks in advance :D

Hi there,

I also have a pair of Hollbrooks and they do have some reflections, especially when driving my car I will get reflections in the left lens coming from the side window.
If you want a pair that do not have this problem you could try the Double Edge, they look awesome.

any highly mirrored lens with a frame that doesn't wrap your temples will do this. chrome, prizm deep water, and fire are some of the lens colors that do it more than others. that being said, prizm deep water holbrooks are one of the frames i grab the most for daily wearing. so in my opinion it's not a big issue, it depends how much you notice it. i wear hats a lot too which is probably why it doesn't bother me at all.

Latest Posts

Back