• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Many/few Pairs Do You Need To Cover Every Situation? Holiday Travels

When I travel say on a cruise etc. I take a Jawbone and a fuel cell. That way if something happened got stolen or dropped in ocean can't be too upset as losing say an x squared or pit boss.

OK, so let me be more clear.

I don't care what frame it is as much as the lenses you choose. I could take 20 pairs with me, but I'd rather stay at 7 or less lens options

Right now I'm thinking;
yellow, persimmon, G30, VR28 Blue, VR28 black polarized, black polarized.

That would be an M Frame with 4 lenses, a Ten, and an Inmate. I have enough room in my case for 1 more pair. Maybe a tortoise/gold NewFrog. I could also ditch the yellow in favor of a fire or something else fun.

I travel in 2 modes - light (aka backpacking) - vr28 black iridium, and a sports pair with either a photochromic lens, or a light + dark combo (g30 and Black polarised, for example). the vr28 black is truly the all rounder lens - covers everything from sun up to sundown pretty comfortably. polarised version is abit too dark so you lose the versatility. the sport frame is when im climbing (90% of my holidays involve it)- adapt to the situation.

Heavy, i pack 4+ pairs - Add Xmetals to the light setup. I usually have my JulieX, Romeo, and a couple others for fun. maybe a Mars for whacky days and i sometimes also carry a second sport pair (Radar/Rlock) for Watersport. if i have extra space, I carry the Water/Racing jacket instead (gen1/2, not the jawbone), since that takes a larger case. This adds black iridium (a decent bright all rounder) and also persimmon, as well as a flashy lens like ruby/gold/ice etc. with that range you got most bases covered. for night cycling i been taking the HI yellow out..

I agree with BriP. If you are trying to limit the amount of glasses you take, then VR28 Black Iridium is a great all-rounder.

I've just come back from a three day trip, and limited myself to taking three pairs.
Lens-wise I went for Black Iridium, OO BIP, and 24k.

They all stayed in my luggage of course, as the trip was to Edinburgh, Scotland, where heavy, dark, clouds ensured that it absolutely p155ed down pretty much constantly for the full 72 hours.

Good thread @Rustpot. For our Cape May week this summer and our Cooperstown week this fall I'll fill this with 3-5 pair in soft vaults and microfibers and throw it in the car (spare lenses also go):

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Back