• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Much is my Oakley Watch Worth / Value Thread, Ask about Prices here

We know you have more than that now, but did you pick the serial numbers out or just buy what you could? Obviously #100 because it's the last ever made.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
I picked what I wanted and they were handed over.

:hi:

Couldn't of said it better myself. Although I've heard the FMJ is its own animal with precision and movement. I guess I may never know :(

You actually can know the movement, but perhaps not specifically in the FMJ watch. A good chuck of the world's automatic chronographs have the same movement as the FMJ, the Valjoux 7750. It's a movement that was developed in the 1970s and has endured because of its ubiquitousness. There are various grades, with the FMJ using the COSC version, but entry into 7750 watches is very, very easy. It's the entry level standard movement for watch brands that want to develop their own automatic chronograph watch.

You actually can know the movement, but perhaps not specifically in the FMJ watch. A good chuck of the world's automatic chronographs have the same movement as the FMJ, the Valjoux 7750. It's a movement that was developed in the 1970s and has endured because of its ubiquitousness. There are various grades, with the FMJ using the COSC version, but entry into 7750 watches is very, very easy. It's the entry level standard movement for watch brands that want to develop their own automatic chronograph watch.

Thanks with this negative spin on adding 5 grand more to the watch; I think a few FMJ members could forego this :D

Look it's on sale!
IMG_1859.PNG

LOTS! All joking aside, being as rare as it is and knowing there's likely quite a few members looking for the same watch, I wouldn't be surprised to see it go for well above $1k if one ever surfaced. $1,500 maybe? So hard to put a value on a rare item like that. Interested to hear other opinions - I may be way off.

Back