• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to adjust x metal after reconditioning?

Dan beers

I should Work at Oakley
I have a couple pairs that have been fixed for bad looseness.And they fit straight on my face perfectly. And have another pair, That has been reconditioning but are way out of whack. Left ear stem sits really close to the temple on my face. And the other side is half an inch away from my other side.Could it be that they have been bent while sitting loose in the nose bridge for a long time, or just casting of the parts? Anyone else experience this much difference in different x metal's?

KIMG1670.JPG

KIMG1672.JPG

You can try taking out the T6 screws that hold the ear stems in place and mess with washers. Don’t loose them. They are flimsy

Twist the arms gently untill they both touch the table.remember that the face is not perfectly symmetrical and you may have to adjust for that.

Maybe when they break in a little bit they will fix them selves. I'm thinking it's in the nose bridge that's throwing it off. I'm thinking maybe that when they were floppy loose, previous owner bent a tang where the pin goes. See how far of a difference there is on both sides of my balding head. My other Juliet's don't do that.

KIMG1671.JPG

I was thinking maybe the pins tangs were off. Both frames are not broken in yet. But the one frame is a lot tighter than the other. If you can see what I mean.

KIMG1670.JPG

If you want Dan send it to me and I'll take care of it at no charge..... But I think you can do it yourself.

Back