• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XX X-Metal frame stuck screw - a reasonable price to remove?

Marsglow

Oakley Beginner
Imagine my dismay when attempting to remove a temple screw from a XX X-Metal frame to find the screw head shearing off. Now the shaft of the screw was jammed in the frame without anything for a Torx screwdriver to slot into. What to do? I could try removing it myself but with no experience in dealing with this type of problem the prospect of damaging the frame was unappealing. Asking someone else to do it wouldn’t be inexpensive due to unfavourable exchange rates. In addition being outside the USA meant access to repair services was hampered by high shipping costs.

XX X-Metal stuck temple screw2.jpg

In the end after much procrastination and emails I sent the orbital and temple to THE X-MAN to assess and remove. The request was for it to be dealt with quickly so that it could be sent to a US address in time for a friend to deliver to me to avoid paying for overseas return shipping.

A day after it was received by THE X-MAN I received an invoice which I promptly paid. Then I queried the invoice because it was less than the amount originally quoted for the repair. In fact it was half what was quoted. Was it an easier job than it could have been?

The answer was “I only charged you what was fair.”

You can’t ask for more than that.

Almost instantaneous turn around and a repair cost based on what was reasonable rather than what was quoted. I have no experience with other repair services but I do know that THE X-MAN has ethics and principles that are to be admired. I’ll be contacting THE X-MAN again if I have a problem I can’t deal with.

Highly recommended.

Imagine my dismay when attempting to remove a temple screw from a XX X-Metal frame to find the screw head shearing off. Now the shaft of the screw was jammed in the frame without anything for a Torx screwdriver to slot into. What to do? I could try removing it myself but with no experience in dealing with this type of problem the prospect of damaging the frame was unappealing. Asking someone else to do it wouldn’t be inexpensive due to unfavourable exchange rates. In addition being outside the USA meant access to repair services was hampered by high shipping costs.

View attachment 1075589

In the end after much procrastination and emails I sent the orbital and temple to THE X-MAN to assess and remove. The request was for it to be dealt with quickly so that it could be sent to a US address in time for a friend to deliver to me to avoid paying for overseas return shipping.

A day after it was received by THE X-MAN I received an invoice which I promptly paid. Then I queried the invoice because it was less than the amount originally quoted for the repair. In fact it was half what was quoted. Was it an easier job than it could have been?

The answer was “I only charged you what was fair.”

You can’t ask for more than that.

Almost instantaneous turn around and a repair cost based on what was reasonable rather than what was quoted. I have no experience with other repair services but I do know that THE X-MAN has ethics and principles that are to be admired. I’ll be contacting THE X-MAN again if I have a problem I can’t deal with.

Highly recommended.
The X-MAN strikes again! Awesome Gentleman to work with!

Back