• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to identify Prizm lens model (Trail, Road, Golf, Baseball, ...)

Yea i should have been more specific, i meant from the wearer's perspective, not the exterior color.

I'm surprised that the golf one seems to mute all of the colors. I would have expected the grass to be greener with the Golf lenses.

I've played a round with Prizm Golf, G30, and Black Iridium. For me, I noticed it all has to do with how much sunlight there is and what the conditions are. It's not really to see MORE green. It's to help you READ the green.

I've played a round with Prizm Golf, G30, and Black Iridium. For me, I noticed it all has to do with how much sunlight there is and what the conditions are. It's not really to see MORE green. It's to help you READ the green.

So what is your preference to wear on a sunny day for golf?

So what is your preference to wear on a sunny day for golf?

I can't really tell the difference between G30 and Prizm, but i've read on the golf forums and articles of pro golfers who say the Prizm is a huge improvement over the G30. I can't tell. But i'm a high handicapper golfer :lol:

That being said, i still prefer using Prizm Golf on the greens. On the tee box and the fairway, i tend to not use sunglasses to track the ball.

I need to take my own pics comparing the two lenses. Golf doesn't look like that for me. That feels REALLY pink. The sapphire makes the world look like a painting. But then again it's all marketing material.

I agree, i can't tell if these are real photos with the lenses on the camera or if they are just photoshopped representations of what they think they should look like. I don't think that's how my Prizm Sapphire Polarized looks when i wear them.

Don't they also have 2 different variations of the Prizm Golf now, i think they added a Dark version

I agree, i can't tell if these are real photos with the lenses on the camera or if they are just photoshopped representations of what they think they should look like. I don't think that's how my Prizm Sapphire Polarized looks when i wear them.

Don't they also have 2 different variations of the Prizm Golf now, i think they added a Dark version

They did. Prizm Dark Golf is for full sun. Prizm Golf is more for cloudy/overcast days.

Here's a really good review of both lenses:

I like using the Prizm Golf for overcast days in general (driving, walking around, etc). It was great during the winter. Now that it's warmer and the sun is out all the time, i'm not using them as much.

I want to give Dark Golf a try, but i can't justify spending the money on a new set a frames as i can't buy just the lenses to swap into my Flak 1.0 as they don't make them for this frame.

All these images were taken through a Canon 50D in manual (to eliminate any unexpected automatic image adjustments) and with no post color correction.

These is as raw an image as you can get, no Photoshop except to add text.

I can't really tell the difference between G30 and Prizm, but i've read on the golf forums and articles of pro golfers who say the Prizm is a huge improvement over the G30. I can't tell. But i'm a high handicapper golfer :lol:

That being said, i still prefer using Prizm Golf on the greens. On the tee box and the fairway, i tend to not use sunglasses to track the ball.

I want to give Dark Golf a try, but i can't justify spending the money on a new set a frames as i can't buy just the lenses to swap into my Flak 1.0 as they don't make them for this frame.

Same boat I am in, i have an older pair of Fives Squared that I would love to swap into Dark Golf, but I don't think they make them for that frame.

Back