• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to identify Prizm lens model (Trail, Road, Golf, Baseball, ...)

All these images were taken through a Canon 50D in manual (to eliminate any unexpected automatic image adjustments) and with no post color correction.

These is as raw an image as you can get, no Photoshop except to add text.

Interesting. So how do they actually take the photo though? Are they creating a filter to put onto the Canon Lens, or are they just holding up the sunglasses in front of the camera?

You need to use a lens hood for this. I figured in order to get the most accurate image I needed to prevent an glare or light from bleeding through between the camera lens and glasses lens. I used a rubber shade and tried to "conform" the shade the the lens. Most of these were shot through my EVZeros so I had no frame to contend with during the process.

Last edited:
You need to use a lens hood for this. I figured in order to get the most accurate image I needed to prevent an glare or light from bleeding through between the camera lens and glasses lens. I used a rubber shade and tried to "conform" the shade the the lens. Most of these were shot through my EVZeros so I had no frame to contend with during the process.

Very cool. That does seem like the best way to get the most accurate picture. Thanks for the info!

Didn't realize those were your pics. So professional looking! Happen to have the same photo without the lenses?

Didn't realize those were your pics. So professional looking! Happen to have the same photo without the lenses?

No lens.jpg

Thanks for the mention @Jmgarcia

Magnificent work @MicahS!!

Just copied and pasted the below information about prizm lenses here....

Excel File of Comprehensive List of Oakley Lenses, & Lens Transmission (cacatman)

Updated with @MicahS 's pictures (Hope you don't mind, bro)!
Standard Prizm Lenses
Prizm TR22 22% 2 Brighter Light Conditions Contrast Tunes light to maximize contrast resulting in sports tuned colors that enhance contours and details. TR22 is best suited for brighter light conditions, eliminating 78% of ambient light and blocks 100% of UVA, UVB, and UVC light.

Prizm Daily Polarized 14% Base tint : Grey. Running, everyday driving. Dull colors become warm and rich for sharper contrast and a more pleasing, relaxing visual experience. Daily lenses will maximize contrast and enhance visibility so you can have an experience that is relaxing and pleasing to the eye throughout all your day’s activities. See what you’ve been missing every day. Deeper reds, Enhanced blue sky, Blooming hues of green, HDPolarized lenses that block 99% of reflected glare

Prizm Shooting TR45 45% 2 Shooting. Prizm™ TR45 tunes light to maximize contrast resulting in sports tuned colors that enhance contours and details. TR45 is best suited for brighter light conditions, eliminating 55% of ambient light and blocks 100% of UVA, UVB, and UVC light.

Prizm Deep Water Polarized 12% Watersports. Prizm Deep Water Polarized lenses filter out the shades of blue that overwhelm your vision on open water. The deep water lenses filter out specific shades of blue that crowd your vision on the open water so you can see below the surface. Strengthens the reds and greens colors that will give you a better view of the activity below the surface

Prizm Field 15% Baseball. Prizm™ Field accentuates the blue of the sky to enhance the contrast of a fly ball

Prizm Golf 30% Golf. Prizm™ Golf improves contrast for better separation of color and gives you more depth cues to gauge distance and grass conditions. Base tint : Ruby

Prizm Road 20% Cycling, Running, Driving. Prizm™ Road lenses enhance vision in both bright light and shadows, helping riders spot changes in the texture of road surfaces. Improved vision in both bright light and shadows. Traffic lights become more vibrant, and white and yellow lines are more clearly differentiated. Blues and greens are enhanced for a more pleasant ride

Prizm Shallow Water Polarized 15% Watersports. Prizm Shallow Water Polarized lenses help keep whites bright so you can spot the flash of fish and the flies on the surface. Boosts green and copper hues that define hiding spots. Maintains bright whites to easier spot the fish and flies on the surfaces of the water. Helps define shadows of the fish

Prizm Trail 36% Base Tint : Grapefruit. Are perfect for trail running, hiking, and mountain biking because it enhances the colors on the trails along with the light conditions under and out of shadows. You will be able to see and react faster to the creases and patches of sand, roots, rocks, and other obstacles that are crucial to avoid. Enhances reds and browns. More vividly represents plants and foliage colors. Improved vision in both bright light and shadows

Prizm Baseball Infield 20% Base Tint : Mocha. Gives an infielder the ability to see the greens and reds which allow the ball to stand out more against the grass and dirt

Prizm Baseball Outfield 15% Base Tint : Magenta. Enhances the sky colors to yield better contrast for fly balls

Snow Goggles
Prizm Torch Iridium 11-20% Partly cloudy to bright light Contrast Partly cloudy, medium light, sunny, bright light

Prizm Black Iridium 5-10% Partly cloudy to bright light Partly cloudy, medium light, sunny, bright light

Prizm Jade Iridium 11-20% Partly cloudy to bright light Partly cloudy, medium light, sunny, bright light

Prizm Sapphire Iridium 11-20% Partly cloudy to bright light Partly cloudy, medium light, sunny, bright light

Prizm Rose 21%+ Cloudy to medium light Cloudy, low light, partly cloudy, medium light

Great write up, i may have missed it, but i didn't see Prizm Dark Golf listed in there, just Prizm Golf.

I wonder if there are spectral graphs for the different prizm to see how different color wavelengths are affected.

Back