• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I always wash my glasses by using a few drops of dish soap lathered up in my hands, then wetting my glasses under Luke warm tap water, and gently wash the lenses and frames throughly.

What I haven't seen anyone mention is that tap water has lots of chlorine in it, as well as dissolved minerals which could be bad for your investment! If you let them partially dry then wipe, you could be scratching your lenses with dry salts!! Of course some tap water is worse then others, but all are far from being pure.

So my next step, immediately after rinsing all the soap away, I use a wash bottle (a spray bottle would also work equally well) filled with distilled water. Completely wash away all the tap water and then some.

Hold the glasses firmly and shake all the excess water away. Sit the glasses aside and let them dry to a spot free perfectly clear finish!

I avoid wiping even with the bag unless absolutely Necessary. I do however, wash my bag the same way with a distilled water rinse to avoid any dried salts or other contaminants from the tap.

what are you referring to, and what does it even mean? you seem like youre just randomly spamming your 10 posts to get into the exchange forum, which is NOT cool.

You were EXACTLY right...go buy his batwolfs...

Hi everyone,
I have a pair of polished aluminum radars. I am anticipating on wearing them ALOT and rotating between them and my jawbones. However I do not want the frame finish to chip and flake for a long time. After each use should I just wash the frame down with warm water and soap and dry them? Also, I don't really want to constantly be swapping the lenses out because i don't want to risk chipping the finish where the lenses rub. Can I just shower with them like stated previously and then make sure to dry them off with a microfiber towel, with the lenses still in?
Thanks

Anyone used NANOCLEAR LENS CLEANER? Whats the difference from the LENS CLEANING KIT? I know its better for oils and its hydrophobic but are there any noticeable difference.

The Nanoclear is the Hydrophobic solution that allows your lenses to repels dirt, dust, water and sweat. It also has lens cleaner in it.

As far as the difference, I notice my glasses stay cleaner for a little longer when using the Nanoclear but not a lot.

Im getting new jawbone with prescription lenses. Past routine with oakleys and other spectacles was similar to batwolf youtube only i included the lens as well. I do have a water softener for all taps and one tap has reverse osmosis. I use a standard "soft" hand towel. Lens on old oakleys 4 years old and i have no complaints.
New jawbones will have the "rubber" nose piece. Do i really need to change my routine? Alter it?
Any links to the best microfiber towels?
Thanks.

I already have one of the cleaning kits but I had no idea that there were lifetime refills...that's awesome!

Hello, I'm just a beginner with regards to Oakley sunglasses so I hope you can answer all of my question.

I've recently purchased an Oakley Juliet Polished Fire Polarized shades and I am wondering how to use a cleaning kit for my shades.

1. Should I use Oakley NanoClear Lens Cleaner+Hydrophobic Kit or Oakley Lens Cleaning Kit?
2. How frequent should I clean my shades?
3. Can I clean the inside and out of the lens, and the frames with both cleaners?
4. Hope you could post a step by step procedure on how to clean the sunglasses with the said cleaners
5. And is it true that Oakley offers refill for the cleaners? I am living in the Philippines and I don't know if the Repair Service Centre or local Oakley stores offer free refills.

Thanks!

Back