• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Good info, I need to go get one of those kits.

Same, I sent a tweet out to Oakley on twitter asking about this and they said only retail stores have the real Oakley branded cleaner, I've heard both sides since picking up my Fast Jackets

Any opinions on using the Zeiss Wipe individual packaged lens cleaning wipes sold through Walmart?

I'm betting those have a pretty high alcohol contest.

I use them on my non oakley rx glasses all the time and the alcohol content is extremely high. You literally have only 30 seconds or so to clean lenses before the wipe and your glasses are totally dry because all the alcohol evaporated. That said, I've never touched my oakleys with them because the wipe itself is very roughly textured.

How would you recommend cleaning a pair of radarlock's that undergo frequent encounters with salt water? I intend to use mine for water sports to protect my eyes from wind, sun and water. Would it be good enough to just detach the lens and rinse the frame and lens thoroughly after each outing? Or is further application of cleaning solution needed?

How would you recommend cleaning a pair of radarlock's that undergo frequent encounters with salt water? I intend to use mine for water sports to protect my eyes from wind, sun and water. Would it be good enough to just detach the lens and rinse the frame and lens thoroughly after each outing? Or is further application of cleaning solution needed?
Washing the lens with mild soap and warm water is ok. Detaching them from the frame will prevent salt from accumulating. IIMHO, I don't think lens cleaner alone will do the job if you use them for water sports. You really need to clean the lenses with mild soap and warm water. Apply hydrophobic solution when the lenses are totally dry. I believe the nano lens cleaner also acts as hydrophobic coating.

I was at sunglass hut 2 hours ago, and aksed the guy there how much alcohol on the sunglas hut cleaning product that they sell cheaper than oakleys, he coudent tell me so we looked online and coudent find it. Eventually he confessed that its the same fluid they refill the oakley cleaning kit when ppl come for the refill so you pay more the first time and after that its all the same.lol

Latest Posts

Back