• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How To Remove Gascan Ear Socks/temples

EyeKeo

Oakley Beginner
Hey all,

I was wondering if any of you knew how to remove the earsocks/temples on the gascans. It's a really skinny hole and I'm not sure if its a philips head or something else.

Sorry if this is a duplicate thread!

There aren't any earsocks (rubber) on Gascans. Are you sure that's the frame you're asking about? If it is, then all you need to do is open the earstem to it full position...then firmly grip the frame (orbital) and the earstem (nearest the hinge), and twist in opposing directions...slow steady pressure will eventually pop the two pieces apart.

Thanks for the quick response! Sorry I didn't mean ear socks. I'm new to the Oakley terminology. It looks like theres a hole on the bottom of the frame with a screw inside but I will give your method a shot.

No problem, that's what the community is for, hehe. Yeah, if its a Gascan, just follow the tips I sent and you should be good. Good luck!

Taking them off worked great. But putting them back on is pretty difficult. Any advice on that?

There's two nubs, one on the top and one on the bottom of the earstem....there's also two matching holes on the frame...these basically lock into each other and act as the pivoting joints. Start by placing the bottom nub into the bottom hole, then line up the top hole and nub...while holding the frame firmly and the earstem, you'll then apply pressure to basically push the top nub and hole back into alignment. It'll take a little force, but it'll pop right back in.

Thanks again for the input. Speaking of Holbrooks I plan on doing this for a pair of Holbrooks soon. Is it a pretty similar technique?

Latest Posts

Back