• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Twoface.
F4A44B01-C311-49E6-B9AD-7602C2C18F13.jpeg

It's interesting about the ear loop part, considering just day before yesterday I was taking advantage of the Oakley Vault promotion to get half off a clearance pair when buying one at full price. Noticed a pair of red/purple-ish Mercenaries that had that ear loop sliding back pointed that out and the rep rubbing it forward, saying that happens sometimes. (Did end up returning those, and getting some matte grey Silver Edge with a prizm sapphire).

Also thought it funny about how they say they won't sticker the lens to much because it's their pride and joy. But if you walk into the Oakley Vault (least the one here in Grand Rapids, Michigan), they're everywhere on unworn pairs. Like the ones on the clearance wall (usually the last ones they have in stock so fresh out of the box), had mostly 2 to 3 stickers on the lens.

On the left lens (when looking at them, right eye when wearing), many of them had the checkbox stickers, the boxes being either empty or checked, then followed by P on top, or RX on the second row, denoting that those lens are Polarized, and if they are available in Prescription. And on the right lens (left eye), many of them would have the "Prizm" sticker and other feature markers (though you shouldn't even need a prizm sticker, if all prizm lens have the word Prizm or Prizm P etched into the edge).

Far as prices go, another thing to consider is the promotions like I mentioned above. It's possible to find something like the Mercenary with Prizm Road lens priced at $90 for that specific color, but if someone grabbed it as a second pair for $45, they might end up later being sold for $50, not necessarily fake, just grabbed during a promotion (but I imagine it wouldn't be hard to look up and see that those models went on sale or something like that).

[…] them to your optician for lenses. Remember when buying second hand you’ll want to avoid fake Oakleys and make sure your eye doc will cut lenses for your Oakleys before […]

Back