• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Can anyone please tell me how to do the lenses test for hydrophobic and polarize and all the awesome things its supposed to as a Pitboss?
You can test hydrophobic lenses by running water on them. If the lenses are hydrophobic then the water will stay together fairly uniform and not streak. When you turn the water off whatever is left on the lens will ball up.

When testing polarization the easiest way is to face your glasses at a computer screen and rotate them clockwise or counterclockwise. Once you reach a certain point the lenses will darken hindering vision of the computer screen.

Just picked up a Pb1 and on the fence.. it looks real. but no box (which i have already..) the lens is polarized, (computer screen test) it has the "A" on arm. The part # which is more toward the back of the arm. there are rivets not screws and the "hex" bolts look like my other daily wear.

The daily wear ones were picked up here and were suppose to be RX so no part #.

posting pics. best i can with camera. I think they are 90% real.. think the lens aren't original but they are polarized. (OHHH.. the red lens are from my daily wears.. lol)

thanks in advance

not sure if they are fake how to handle that with the seller and ebay. all my Oakley stuff comes from here. lol..

thanks
20150724_152744.jpg 20150724_152816.jpg 20150724_153000.jpg 20150724_153035.jpg 20150724_153840.jpg 20150724_153906.jpg 20150724_153920.jpg

thanks bud. if i ever decided to pass these on i dont want to give bad items. (but i do think doc chop could do something cool with them.. lol)

lens could be custom cut. I'm getting about 6-7 cut from doc. I rem about 3 years back seller from CAN was selling polarized PB1 cut lens in ruby and ice for like 250. I thought it was a bit much because I was picking up PB1's for 300 with box and papers.
Other thing I've felt about PB and PB2's is that during summer days they feel too full on the face. Flaks and juliets are a more summer feel.

What is the best and easiest way to determine if what I bought is fake or real? Like if I post photos on this forum, what do you need to see to make determination? Or is there an easier way to spot a fake?

Back