• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I've never seen a good PB2 fake. Why bother faking them, anyway...? Oakley is just about giving them away... $150 on woot ruins any minimal collector pedigree.... Just my $0.02

If you're truly collecting, stick with PB1.
good info just tricky finding a good used / new set. all the ones i see say sample. and at 2-300 bucks.. might as well buy new ones. thanks and i will keep on looking@!

Why is the "A" so difficult to fake?

The "A" for sure is not difficult to fake, they just didn't bother to, for a simple reason that it is not in plain sight and if won't bother anyone who is not knowledgeable or only has limited knowledge on Oakley's. But small details such as these are blessings in disguise since it is one sure indicator to spot fakes. That "A" is our assurance it was molded on the same mold, from the mold which Oakley actually used for the PB.

I was looking at my PB II and they do not have an "A" or any such marking on the inside of the hinge. The hinge is very different from the PB I. The one thing that I have noticed is that many of the fakes on eBay say " made in USA" on the arm. Mine were purchased directly from Sunglasses Hut and they do not say made in USA on them. Hope this helps.

like so..look for A to sport PB1 ...these are even found on Tron and Ducati editions. All 3 of my ducati edition PB1 have A.

20150208_153601.jpg

Hey Guys, i am a big Oakley fan for many years and bought Oakley Pitboss 1 from their flagship store in Hollywood, however returned them back since the pain in the back of the head issue made them slightly uncomfortable and i thought i should wait for the PB2.

Recently ordered the PB2 Gold one's (Matte Rootbeer Frame/Tungstem Polarized Iridium Lens) from OakleyVault website, wore them for a couple of weeks and then returned them since they didn't go well with any of my clothes...finally tried to buy the BLACK one's from Oakleyvault but they are out of stock for over a month now and not coming back :(

So i went to ebay and bough them from this seller: (GERMANY: 99.2% feedback, member since aug 2001, virtual-selling) & bought PB2 for $265

Oakley OO 9137 02 Pit Boss Black VR28 Iridium Polarized LP 599 Euro New | eBay

I am still waiting for them to reach at my place. Anyone here can tell if they are authentic by looking at the attached pics?

Thanks,
John

$_12.jpg

$_57 (2).jpg

$_57 (1).jpg

$_57.JPG

I have two pair of polished black PB 2. Those look legit to me. Unfortunately there are no real distinguishing factors like on the PB I.

I think once you wear them and do the lense test for Hydrophobic and polarization, we should be able to find out

Can anyone please tell me how to do the lenses test for hydrophobic and polarize and all the awesome things its supposed to as a Pitboss?

Back