• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying I need some guidance. Romeo x metal

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
He offered for me to send half now and half when I receive them. I told him I will send 50$ this morning and when I receive them I will send the rest. If he agrees to that, what’s 50$ lost if it comes to it. I’d rather not lose 150$. Plus when I receive them if I do this I’ll post clearer pictures. I would like to find pictures of them on here that someone else owns to compare.

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
He offered for me to send half now and half when I receive them. I told him I will send 50$ this morning and when I receive them I will send the rest. If he agrees to that, what’s 50$ lost if it comes to it. I’d rather not lose 150$. Plus when I receive them if I do this I’ll post clearer pictures. I would like to find pictures of them on here that someone else owns to compare.
my concern is that the seller also has an oakley display block of some sort so they either know about oakley and its collectability possibly or they have stolen the picture. also if i was a seller i would not send anything to a stranger on the promise that they will pay me when they receive it. are you sending paypal goods and services? if so ask for the oakley display items as well!!!

Username Hidden said:
might also pay to tell them that if they want to be successful selling stuff online then they may want to invest in a better camera because they have **** all chance of being successful if their pictures look like Japanese genitalia!

Haha yea. We ll see what happens. I haven’t decided what to do yet. I took someone’s advice and asked for a picture of him holding a dollar bill wearing them. I’m just hoping he is wearing pants in the picture.haha. We ll see what happens. I don’t like doing this either. I’d rather just a legit deal on here but I don’t think I’ll find a pair that I can afford.

Yep I got the same offer to pay half now and half after deliver. I read it as "I can't scam you out of the full asking price, but I'm willing to simply scam you out of less if you are interested."

My guess is that you will just lose $50.

Here is the link to the Mars Scam discussion.

At the end of that (page 3 now) there are the pics and the link for the $250 Mars with Red Iridium. Nice glasses and I'd gladly pay that price. But after reading all the same excuses for no FF, I'm 99% sure it's a scam.

I since said I've got a relative in the area to pick up and pay in person....radio silence.

Thank you everyone for your input. He can kick rocks. I’ll find another pair eventually. Thanks again.

It sucks to "give up" on a good find, but if you really step back and look at it, which makes more sense? The person won't bother to take payment that is somewhat "secure" but would rather send you the $200 product for $50 and trust you to pay the rest. I think you did the right thing.

I'm just always trying to figure out how to annoy them. Mess with them somehow. We need a thread on that topic!

Yea I like your style. I’ll keep looking!