• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Introduce Yourself!

Hello everyone.

It seems every time I purchase Oakley sunglasses over the past few years I end up on here while researching online. So I thought I'd register.

In 1987 I started to get into cycling, my local bike shop had Oakley Razor Blades in stock so I bought them and used them for years, still have them kicking around somewhere.

That started my allegiance to Oakley, when a product/brand treats you well it is easy to stick by them.

Over the years my favorites have been the T-Wire 2.0, Nanowire 2.0, and Carbon Blade among others.

Back in 1999 I was so close to buying a X-Metal Juliet and had regretted not buying them ever since. Last week I treated myself to one off a popular auction website.

From the pictures they appear to be in great shape with a serial number from 1999, but are missing the rubber (or silicone, not sure what it is made of?) pieces near the hinges on the arms. If anyone can point me in the direction of a reputable place to buy those and other parts I'd really appreciate it. Buying local would be an issue as I'm currently living on the beach in Mexico.....

Hopefully as well as learning from you all, I'll be able to contribute a bit from my 35ish years of Oakley ownership.

Cheers!
Aloha and welcome to the Forum. :welcome:

IMG_7868.gif

just wanted to introduce myself. this is my second go around with oakley. during my younger years before kids, i bought a couple wires, but never was serious (plus i had no money). i did however save up enough to get a carbon juliet and that was my pride and joy. then the kids came and out went my discretionary spending. flash forward to now and swung by an oakley store a couple months back because i needed new rx frames. 5 minutes in the store and i caught the bug (non-covid) again. since then, i picked up a torque wrench rx, wiretap 2.0 rx, holbrook, flak 2.0xl, shocktube, and latch square (damn those xmas sales!). hopefully i won't go too nuts because my second kid needs braces. see ya around and hope to contribute.

Last edited:
just wanted to introduce myself. this is my second go around with oakley. during my younger years before kids, i bought a couple wires, but never was serious (plus i had no money). i did however save up enough to get a carbon juliet and that was my pride and joy. then the kids came and out went my discretionary spending. flash forward to now and swung by an oakley store a couple months back because i needed new rx frames. 5 minutes in the store and i caught the bug (non-covid) again. since then, i picked up a torque wrench rx, wiretap 2.0 rx, holbrook, flak 2.0xl, shocktube, and latch square (damn those xmas sales!). hopefully i won't go too nuts because my second kid needs braces. see ya around and hope to contribute.
Welcome to the forum!

Hey there. I'm Mark. Oakley enthusiast, fan and collector. I'm here to trade or exchange shades and to learn more about Oakley products. I still don't know what does it mean to have "15 useful posts" Don't get it, but I'll be over here. Members want to sell and I'm here ready to make deals, but rules are rules, meant to be followed you understand or agree with them or not. Thanks for reading!

Hey there. I'm Mark. Oakley enthusiast, fan and collector. I'm here to trade or exchange shades and to learn more about Oakley products. I still don't know what does it mean to have "15 useful posts" Don't get it, but I'll be over here. Members want to sell and I'm here ready to make deals, but rules are rules, meant to be followed you understand or agree with them or not. Thanks for reading!
Welcome. You already have two. Curious about your avatar. Where was that? Looks like a cool background.

Aloha and welcome to the Forum. Your introduction is a post. But a post is not limited to comments. You can post photos, memes, videos, here on the OF. :welcome:

IMG_1703.gif

Back