• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is it genuine.. Romeo 1 frame (Video)

PayPal's finest legal minds are on it I'm sure.....
lligence_2D00_Lawyer_2D00_Robot_2D00_AI_2D00_Judge.jpg

It looks like an oem frame that had been worked on a fair bit. If it was plated it would add a bit of weight depending on who did it if they had to try multiple times it would add alot more. When I do polished copper pairs I put alot of copper on to be able to smooth it out and make it a nice smooth polished copper. In the end the frame usually weighs a few grams more due to that. Chrome plating will make the frame magnetic due to the coating as well.

It looks like an oem frame that had been worked on a fair bit. If it was plated it would add a bit of weight depending on who did it if they had to try multiple times it would add alot more. When I do polished copper pairs I put alot of copper on to be able to smooth it out and make it a nice smooth polished copper. In the end the frame usually weighs a few grams more due to that. Chrome plating will make the frame magnetic due to the coating as well.
Strangely the centre part weights similar to the OEM (possibly a bit lighter but the scale seems to be rather simple/not extremly precise) but the stems and orbitals are 50% (or more) heavier than OEM.

my 50cent on the dispute:

The comparision of weights shows something very interesting: that the nose piece is aprox. the same weight (bear in mind these basic scale get like .3g wrong or something) but the orbitals and stems are 50% heavier than OEM. This could lead to the following alternative conclusions:

- The base material pocesses a non-xmetal density as I assume the finish is the same on all pieces.

- Or that one piece (centre) is OEM and all others are not (just covered it all with the same shiny magnetic stuff that does not weight a significant amount in this case)

Concerning simple scales: I recomend at least 3 tries and calculating the average

Strangely the centre parts weights similar to the OEM (possibly a bit lighter but the scale seems to be rather simple/not extremly precise) but the stems and orbitals are 50% or heavier than OEM.
There are some stainless steel arms floating around someone had made they look oem till you pick one up. They could be a set of those. Stainless would be about 2x the weight of titanium.

@zwc0442 the dificult part to understand are the orbitals - stems look pretty similar to the fake ones shown in the thread but I do not know of orbitals that come this close to OEM (could be a new generation of fakes as I heard about some new replicas that get the gap on the stems right and have the same size and screw and pin positioning as OEM)... another possibility is that the orbitals have been welded and gained weight from this though the weight increase is a bit to large, since the coating can not be very heavy judging by the nosepiece.. anyhow a thick coating is ideal to hide the welding "marks"

@zwc0442 the dificult part to understand are the orbitals - stems look pretty similar to the fake ones shown in the thread but I do not know of orbitals that come this close to OEM (could be a new generation of fakes as I heard about some new replicas that get the gap on the stems right and have the same size and screw and pin positioning as OEM)... another possibility is that the orbitals have been welded and gained weight from this though the weight increase is a bit to large, since the coating can not be very heavy judging by the nosepiece.. anyhow a thick coating is ideal to hide the welding "marks"
I'm amazed at the time and lengths people are going through in making a knock-off. Just buy the damn original!

I'm amazed at the time and lengths people are going through in making a knock-off. Just buy the damn original!
welcome to the world of watches.

it wont stop man, when things have a beat in the market, people try to replicate them.

what we can do as a group, is point it out, so others within our community dont get burned

from the looks of the frame, I really think they are authentic but worked over fairly well. I have a set that is in a similar boat, had someone offer to refinish them, and in a trade when I got them back, parts were already flaking off. as Zach mentioned, the number of different processes that could have been done to this thing could have very well turned it into the weird thing it is now. for all you know, it was originally a "Jordan" frame which is why the orbitals are smaller and even tighter from all the work done to it...

-plastic-surgeries-jocelyn-wildenstein-lifestyle-1.jpg