• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is it genuine.. Romeo 1 frame (Video)

Good morning. Yeah that's fair enough. He can appeal the case to the higher uppers if he wants back in.

@fredam2008, you're a great collector of genuine Oakleys. Oakleys are sometimes difficult to check for authenticity online.

But in your case with @Tavers, I'd strongly advise that you refund voluntarily.

The "buyer beware" doesn't really work for a close nit group of

It looks like an oem frame that had been worked on a fair bit. If it was plated it would add a bit of weight depending on who did it if they had to try multiple times it would add alot more. When I do polished copper pairs I put alot of copper on to be able to smooth it out and make it a nice smooth polished copper. In the end the frame usually weighs a few grams more due to that. Chrome plating will make the frame magnetic due to the coating as well.
That said Zach you don't have to put so much on that OEM/Aftermarket lenses suddenly don't fit?

it's an obvious fake and fredam sold them because of course who the hell wants fake metals. out of all the metals that he had that's the only one he sold. scumbag
Agreed
A7A1EBA4-3B8C-4CB1-9079-F6DB2AB5A114.gif

welcome to the world of watches.

it wont stop man, when things have a beat in the market, people try to replicate them.

what we can do as a group, is point it out, so others within our community dont get burned
I used to work on watches years ago. The most pathetic knock-offs I ever saw were Fossil and Wenger Swiss Army watches. Like, seriously? Ripping off a $30 watch?
Smh..

from the looks of the frame, I really think they are authentic but worked over fairly well. I have a set that is in a similar boat, had someone offer to refinish them, and in a trade when I got them back, parts were already flaking off. as Zach mentioned, the number of different processes that could have been done to this thing could have very well turned it into the weird thing it is now. for all you know, it was originally a "Jordan" frame which is why the orbitals are smaller and even tighter from all the work done to it...

View attachment 910771
Spot on.

Thise fossil arent even that expensive 🤣 they like 50-60 bucks
I have a fossil that was double that, still not a very expensive watch to most, but, when I bought it a couple of years ago, I was expensive to me. I bought it from a big department store, I wont mention the name, but it sounds like "Delk." Anyway, after a few months it stopped working correctly, and unfortunately I lost my receipt, so the warranty won't cover the repairs from the factory. I'd love to get it fixed, but I live in a very, VERY, small town, and watch repair is non-existent.

I have a fossil that was double that, still not a very expensive watch to most, but, when I bought it a couple of years ago, I was expensive to me. I bought it from a big department store, I wont mention the name, but it sounds like "Delk." Anyway, after a few months it stopped working correctly, and unfortunately I lost my receipt, so the warranty won't cover the repairs from the factory. I'd love to get it fixed, but I live in a very, VERY, small town, and watch repair is non-existent.
Well that’s a total fail 😅, i am not into watches but i have a “swatch” watch 1997 model and works just fine till now. Battery easy to replace as well all you need is a quarter.

Well, just a piece of advice: don't buy an Invicta either. Absolute turds.
An excellent not so expensive watch is Victorinox Swiss Army (NOT Wenger). I've had one since high school (20 years ago) and it's still going strong.