• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jawbone Icons

Yup, Racing Jacket (009171-10). I got the Matte Black w/Polished Black jaws, red icons and polished black thru bolts...originally came with +red OO polarized vented, but bought an extra pair of shallow blue polarized vented for fishing.

Actually, all my other experiences with removing icons only required a few secs under running hot water from the kitchen sink. I just ran it directly over the icon and was able to use an exacto blade tip to carefully get under it and peel it away, no harm done at all. But like you were saying, the finish on the frame itself may/could be affected if done the wrong way.

You wanna sell the + Red lenses? That might be nice in the Retina Burn.

Scalpel or exacto knife. It's pretty simple... I also have Racing Jacket frames now just in case you want to go that route - no carbon fibre though.

so those icons I saw in the display must have been for racing jackets? I saw what look like little retention tabs which is why I was curious.

I know this has been talked to death, but while I am here, what are the differences and compatibility between RJ & JB?

so those icons I saw in the display must have been for racing jackets? I saw what look like little retention tabs which is why I was curious.

I know this has been talked to death, but while I am here, what are the differences and compatibility between RJ & JB?

The orbitals are the same. In bought my son a Jawbone while in Vegas and that's when I heard the Racing Jackets was the same so we went to a O store and the sales person swapped them out to show me.

The RJ has pins in the back of the icon so they are press fitted into the arms instead of the adhesive.

Here's a pic on a silver frame:

OO9171-11-Racing-Jacket_587x286.png

The holes are pretty noticeable. Another thing the RJ has are holes at the ends of the arms for a strap.

Lenses are the same. Not sure about the Unobtanium earpieces though but it wouldn't make sense to change them up now.

Hey Yeti,
Differences are:
1) Interchangeable O's (same way as Dispatch II), all stock pairs come with 2 sets.
...to find O's for Jawbones you'd likely have to hit up a eBay guy from Italy as I never see any around here and not something Oakley will ever let out the door by themselves
2) They have holes at the ends of the temples and come with a strap similar to wind jacket.

Other than that, all lenses, jaws, bolts, ear socks are identical.

Back