• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet and Penny's - Sell as-is or have them repaired an updated

Ironically I have a set of Pennys that I have had for 10+ years and the lenses are scratched and I want to get them repaired. Years ago, before Oakley was an arm of Luxottica, I sent them in and for about $60 they tightened them up, replaced the plastic and made the lenses brand new. Well, now, many years later, they need it again. So I tried to do the same thing, but found I had to go through Luxottica. They made me take a ton of pictures and send them in with a description of what I wanted. Well, they charged me $65 and I made it clear I needed them repaired including lenses. They tightened the frames and sent them back. That's it. Nothing else. Needless to say I disputed that charge and won, but still am in dire need to either fixing or replacing the lenses as looking through them is distracting with the almost "spider web cracking" that they have.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Ironically I have a set of Pennys that I have had for 10+ years and the lenses are scratched and I want to get them repaired. Years ago, before Oakley was an arm of Luxottica, I sent them in and for about $60 they tightened them up, replaced the plastic and made the lenses brand new. Well, now, many years later, they need it again. So I tried to do the same thing, but found I had to go through Luxottica. They made me take a ton of pictures and send them in with a description of what I wanted. Well, they charged me $65 and I made it clear I needed them repaired including lenses. They tightened the frames and sent them back. That's it. Nothing else. Needless to say I disputed that charge and won, but still am in dire need to either fixing or replacing the lenses as looking through them is distracting with the almost "spider web cracking" that they have.

Thoughts or suggestions?
I've never heard of them doing a tune up and replacing lenses for $60. That's the price of a just a tune up.

Well it was about 8-10 years ago and maybe my memory is foggy and it was a little more, but I know they fixed everything...maybe they did not replace the lenses and were able to repair them that time and maybe it was a little more than 60 although that is what I remember. Regardless, after some research and being lead to ebay from this site, and then from there to Linegear, I ended up going to their site and buying a replacement set of lenses. Hopefully they are good...I see nothing but good things about them so here is hoping.

Well it was about 8-10 years ago and maybe my memory is foggy and it was a little more, but I know they fixed everything...maybe they did not replace the lenses and were able to repair them that time and maybe it was a little more than 60 although that is what I remember. Regardless, after some research and being lead to ebay from this site, and then from there to Linegear, I ended up going to their site and buying a replacement set of lenses. Hopefully they are good...I see nothing but good things about them so here is hoping.
Good luck:)

Back