• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Hammerstem?

The XX had a more square lense ? I recently purchased my first Juliet’s . Rather disappointed. I’m going to get man to tune them for me. But I notice one of the lense being to small for imthe eyelet . Which lead me to think that maybe they were priced together . The lense can move freely and has enough room to see through .
The "XX" with the "square" lens is actually called the XS, or X-squared.

One of the lenses may be ill fitting. This happens in a few cases where the original owner has changed the lenses (for reasons I outlined above).

If you live in the USA, I'd definitely recommend nose bridge tuning by @THE X-MAN or @zwc0442. Both offer outstanding "refinishing" services to customise your pair, at very reasonable prices. Unless you know what you're doing, it can be easy to damage your frames if you try by yourself without the right equipment and expertise. If you live in Europe, there are others who do it as well - List of Custom/Lens Cutting/Custom Frame Mod Contacts (cacatman)

I know you feel disappointed about your current pair, but don't beat yourself up about it. It takes time to learn what to look for, and what things are worth when you start collecting Oakleys. This page can help - Cacatman's Quick Links to X-Metal Information

Be prepared to probably spend more money than things are worth. Not many people here will take advantage of your (I assume) newbie status. I would recommend taking a look at this list of sellers in future - Which Sellers Do You Trust? Here's Cacatman's Top 27 "Best of the Best" O.F. SELLERS .

Just remember before asking a question to use the search button. Chances are, your question has probably already been answered somewhere on this forum.

All the best! And welcome!!

To help clarify:

Juliet frame has mostly an “ear stem” (straight metal piece)
*except for polished Juliet’s which have “Hammerstems”

X-Metal XX all have Hammerstems.
Romeo’s all have Hammerstems.
X-Squared has totally different arms.

And get some new lenses that fit how you want, you can send you frame in to @Chris A Hardaway and he will cut and fit your lenses to be perfect!

Hope this helps, and here are all the X-Metal frames for your comparison.

C05811BE-835C-4819-904D-6FFBE0174DC1.jpeg

The XX had a more square lense ? I recently purchased my first Juliet’s . Rather disappointed. I’m going to get man to tune them for me. But I notice one of the lense being to small for imthe eyelet . Which lead me to think that maybe they were priced together . The lense can move freely and has enough room to see through .

You might have a later generation juliet and small cut lenses.

Are they plasmas?

Latest Posts

Back