• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Lense ID?

you have a third production run Plasma Emerald Juliet. Personally, one of my favorite color combinations. if you want the original color, you should be able to still source them here once you meet the exchange requirements of become a premium member. there are also members who can custom cut any OEM lens color/tech you want to fit in the Juliet. In regards to seeing if the lenses you have are authentic, it is more of a feel, and visual cue when they are out of the frame that would tell you if they are legit, as they are prismatic lenses with a 8.75 base curvature. the outer parts of the lens should be a lot thinner than the middle. Google the instructional inserts for oakley replacement lenses, they give you a good idea of what to look for when you are looking top down at an oakley set of lenses.

here is how your frame would have looked in its original colorway:

4833956113_80b87395ba.jpg

you have a third production run Plasma Emerald Juliet. Personally, one of my favorite color combinations. if you want the original color, you should be able to still source them here once you meet the exchange requirements of become a premium member. there are also members who can custom cut any OEM lens color/tech you want to fit in the Juliet. In regards to seeing if the lenses you have are authentic, it is more of a feel, and visual cue when they are out of the frame that would tell you if they are legit, as they are prismatic lenses with a 8.75 base curvature. the outer parts of the lens should be a lot thinner than the middle. Google the instructional inserts for oakley replacement lenses, they give you a good idea of what to look for when you are looking top down at an oakley set of lenses.

here is how your frame would have looked in its original colorway:

View attachment 350189

Thanks for the correction buddy, still trying to learn. :D

Just picked up a fantastic condition pair of this combo for a steal. Plasma/Polished frames with Emerald are one if the top color combos.

May I ask why some of the juliets have straight stems and some have a curvature to them around the temples area? Which one is better (logically, I would imagine the curved ones, no?) and when did the generations starting including the curved stems vs straight stems or vice versa?

May I ask why some of the juliets have straight stems and some have a curvature to them around the temples area? Which one is better (logically, I would imagine the curved ones, no?) and when did the generations starting including the curved stems vs straight stems or vice versa?
Only the Polished Juliets have them. (And Polshed Carbon Ichiros and 24K) had them from the beginning. The Hammerstems are very popular. The XX and Romeo 1 also have them.

Only the Polished Juliets have them. (And Polshed Carbon Ichiros) had them from the beginning. The Hammerstems are very popular.

this.

the straight stems have their pros, if you have a narrower face at least near the temples, the hammerstems pop out oddly. and the straight stems supposedly fit better for people who wear them paired with a helmet.

but yah, wide head- hammerstems FTW.

Hey Folks,

Recently picked these up from lame-bay.
Serial is JE####B, but bloke said the lenses were replaced (says they were OEM though) so they aren't the lenses that came from the factory. I was planning on getting new lenses anyway because I don't really like the color, so might try to at least flog one set of these off but not sure what exact type they are (realistically dont even know if they are Oakley) Can anyone help with ID? (Sorry if this is obvious but I'm bit of a newbie)

Cheers

View attachment 350177

EDIT: mixed up the serial! xD

Welcome to the FORUM

Back