• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lens Choice And Frame Sizes.

LeviDills

Oakley Beginner
Georgia
Okay, I figured I would kill two questions with one thread. I am planning on ordering a custom set of Fuel Cells or Gas Cans, but I'm not sure which frame is bigger. I like big frames as I have a big head. So which frame is bigger?

Okay, my second question is lenses. My Oil Rigs came with Black Iridium lenses and they're not as dark as I'd like them to be. It still hurts my eyes a little when going out into bright sunlight. I have some choices on lenses and I really like the Warm Grey and the Slate Grey. So what's the darkest lens I can get without getting them polarized?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm new to Oakley and don't want to drop that much money on something that I'm not going to like so I want to make sure it's perfect. Thanks for any help guys. :)

Okay, my second question is lenses. My Oil Rigs came with Black Iridium lenses and they're not as dark as I'd like them to be. It still hurts my eyes a little when going out into bright sunlight. I have some choices on lenses and I really like the Warm Grey and the Slate Grey. So what's the darkest lens I can get without getting them polarized?

Black Iridium is a 10% lens

The only lenses that are close are
Dark Grey-10% , Ice-10% , Titanium-10% , Warm Grey-10%

There are a few that are 12-15%, but a 15% lens feels a hell of a lot brighter than a 10% to me.

For me going to a polarized lens really helps cut down glare, which is most of what "hurts" on a bright day. I wear my polarized M Frame just about every day, which is black iridium, and it feels nice. Any day that I use something non-polarized it will feel too bright out.

Okay, thanks for the info. I was just wondering because I didn't like how the black Iridium didn't cut as much light as I thought they would. Thanks for the info, guys. :) Like I said, I'm new to Oakley and don't know much about them, so I like to come to you guys for the info on different pairs.

Oakleys are as dark as some cheaper glasses. But they don't need to be.

I've worn VR28 on a bright day and after my eyes adjusted it was still better than wearing nothing. I generally need polarized iridium lenses, but something under 15% will generally work just fine if I'm out and about and not driving.

I wish there were more polarized options!

I know how you feel. But yeah, I was a little disappointed at how light the lenses actually were on my rigs. but after wearing them for a while, I got used to them.

Back