• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking at a display case

And here are the pictures after I did a basic wipe down.

The good:
* All lights operate properly
* All glass and plexiglass is intact
* The case is solid and not dented
* Mirror on the left side is in perfect shape

The bad:
* There is tape adhesive on the plexiglass and I'm not sure how to remove it without damaging or hazing the plexi.
* Bushings at the door hinges are missing, causing the doors to be misaligned. Where do i get replacements?
* All locks need to be replaced. Not a huge deal since I can source those at Lowes or Home Depot.

For $150 I am beside myself! It was cash I didn't really have extra so the wife has put a temporary moratorium on buying more stuff. (I have arranged a trade with a buddy where he gets my old powder coating gun and I get a pair of Five Squared needing lenses and Flak Jackets in great shape. Both are black from SI)

20170616_184151.jpg

20170616_184243.jpg

20170616_184220.jpg

20170616_184301.jpg

Congrats on the case, awesome price! As for the back you always could put a poster or anything in that manner to cover the sticker

Goo Gone ( not Goof-Off) will get rid of the adhesive. I just used some on some lexan doors I made for a storage cabinet. Home Depot and Lowes both sell glass door hinges in that style. These may also work. They can also be bought on Amazon. Rockler Glass Door Pivot Hinge, Satin Black $9.70/pair.

618Dl6Ja+eL._SL1000_.jpg

Definitely! Of course this pops up right after I bought the Detolf from Ikea. My wife even asked me what I'm going to do with the Ikea case now. I just smiled and thought to myself that now I have more room built in. LOL

TOLD YAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaa. :grin:

Damn, I love being me sometimes!

Very good pickup, Reese! All those issues are easily fixable with a couple bucks and some time and patience. You'll still come out waaay ahead when you total it up, and you've got a genuine kick-ass piece of Oakley history in your living room.

Well done man!!
:drinks:

Latest Posts

Back