• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lopaka's DIY Garage (2.0)

So I came home a little early from work today, so I got busy in the garage with a quick hit Valve 1.0 lens cut. This is a polarized Violet Iridium cut from a Crankshaft lens. I managed to save most of the etching, but this didn't come out as good as my first try. I think because I was rushing a little. And probably also.because of the wrong base curve thing. I give myself a C+. Always wanted a good purple lens for my Valve but could never find anything. Saw the Crankshaft lens for sale and bought it intending to cut it for any frame it could fit in.

IMG_3496.jpeg
IMG_3494.jpeg
IMG_3509.jpeg

Can't set up my tables in the garage like normal. Have to take over my kids desk. Lol. Looks like I won't be doing any heavy customizing for a little while because of my injury, so decided on just a lens swap for one of the pairs I got from @Oakman1992. Took off all rubbers and gave it a wipe down of Mothers polish to try brighten it up a little more. Put in a 9/10 Linegear Cardinal Red I believe, and put on good condition Linegear rubbers. Ready to wear for a little while. Till I can get back on my (two) feet. :cool-33:🤙

IMG_6803.jpeg
IMG_6807.jpeg
IMG_6810.jpeg
IMG_6811.jpeg
IMG_6814.jpeg
IMG_6818.jpeg

Looking good bud!
Mahalo to you Bro. My projects were kinda backed up as it was. Now with my foot the way it is, It may be at least a couple of months before things even get close to normal. So might as well put this into the wear rotation. I still have multiple pairs in pieces still. So no reason to take anything apart, for now. :cool-33:🤙

IMG_6825.jpeg
IMG_6826.jpeg
IMG_6828.jpeg
IMG_6830.jpeg
IMG_6832.jpeg

Last edited:
Mahalo to you Bro. My projects were kinda backed up as it was. Now with my foot the way it is, It may be at least a couple of months before things even get close to normal. So might as well put this into the wear rotation. I still have multiple pairs in pieces still. So no reason to take anything apart, for now. :cool-33:🤙
Sorry to hear that bro, hopefully it heals up fast and you get an extra spring in your hop come spring here!

Back