• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

M-Frame 3.0 SI, little ridges, did i bought a used one?

Riddler

Oakley Beginner
Hello, new here and in love with Oakley.
So i bought a m frame 3.0 SI in Camo and saw that is has some scratches or ridges on the frame.
Dont know if thats normal or that something was mounted on it. Hope that it has no effect on the stability or something. Should i eventually return it? Was it a showcase model im wondering...a sticker was on the clear lens but not on the dark lens.
Here are some pictures:
IMG_20170424_100104.jpg IMG_20170424_100111.jpg IMG_20170424_100140.jpg

I would return it......I have used mine for several years without any cracks/scratches like that appearing.

Hey guys. After a long wait, i returned the m-frame in and got a new one today. It has the same markings..........
Wondering whats wrong with these. They are brand new and come directly from oakley. :(

I've never seen cracks or marks like that.

It's possible they're getting seconds, you can also contact Oakley and ask if they're an authorized retailer.

If you can take more photos of the pair that would be great.
Hmm. Could be? I dont know, and im sure they wouldnt tell anybody. After id talked to the shop they told me they phoned with oakley and that oakley told them that its normal because of the camo/painting. They also looked on the ones they had left, they had the same markings.
Also found out that the dark lens of my newly sent one has a nice scratch.
I will send them in for refund and look elsewhere. But in germany, they are hard to get. Thinking about switching to an M-Frame Alpha in Desert Tan... :(
Hmm, making more photos? Uhh, they look more drastical than they look in reality, but for a $200+ piece they should be flawless at first.