• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

M-Frame Lens Question

Dorsey24

Oakley Beginner
I have several m-frame lenses, the m frame I had was the style before the current one, my question now is with the old lenses fit in the newer frame?

Short answer: Probably

Long answer: There is some variation between lenses with M Frames. I don't know why, but I see enough variation with mine that a few of my lenses won't fit a few of my frames. My lenses vary in the size of the cut, some vary slightly in curvature, and I have Gen 2, Pro, 'New', and 2.0 frames that I'm trying to put the lenses in. Some won't go together, some will fit with to much play and not stay together.

If you go buy a new lens I'd take the frame into an Oakley store or Vault and have the employee put them in. They never let me do it, and I want to know it fits fairly easily.

My Heater Ice lens is of the most difficult to fit into frames, and I have a Heater Gray that only fits my Gen 2 frame. I haven't done a ton of swapping and documenting what fits in what and how the lenses vary in size to come up with any sort of usable data. That will come in the future, but I want a larger sample set first.

Thanks, I have a frame from 1997 thats broken, and have several lenses... So I was planning on buying a new frame so I could use them.. might take one of the lenses in with me and see if they fit

Oakley won't sell you just a frame. But you can get a frame with no lens on eBay for about $55 or so.

How many is several? What lens shapes are they?

I've seen the most variation in Heater lenses, but I admittedly haven't seen too many besides those and Strike.

Im planning on buying a black/gray sweep pair, and then use the other lenses I have... I have a grey heater, a black iridium sweep, a pos red iridium sweep and pos red 1st gen hybrid

Latest Posts

Back