• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deal M Frame Splatter +Red Heater / Gold Heater

U

Username Hidden

M Frame I Rattle-Can-Extravaganza Special I +Red Heater / Gold Heater

$140 Shipped in CONUS

May Entertain Trades, But Cash Preferred
(2) Storage Baggies + Zipper Vault Case

Cover II.jpg

EDIT IMGUR Album to best understand wrinkles Blue Splat Hi-Rez Images
Worth noting that I had difficulty capturing the wrinkles in the sense that the frame color under normal lighting does a good job of masking them. I have to be within a foot to pick up on them, an photographing them required manipulating 2 desk lamps along with an external flash to make them more pronounced. Hopefully it provides you a solid grasp of where/how they appear.

Thanks

IMG_0381.JPG IMG_0374.JPG IMG_0459.JPG IMG_0386.JPG IMG_0383.JPG +Red = Blue Splat.jpg IMG_0453.JPG IMG_0452.JPG IMG_0480.JPG Gold Ird - Blue Splat.JPG IMG_0477.JPG IMG_0476.JPG IMG_0439.JPG

The frame's finish has some crapsmanship errors, from prematurely handling them prior to the paint fully curing as a result you have some wrinkles in the finish most pronounced by the hinge area. The socks and nose piece are in good shape, no real concerns there. The icons are gunmetal, they have some wear at the edges and the left side has a portion of the gunmetal coating chipped off exposing the chrome underneath. They would've been a gorgeous pair but I messed em up :oops: but they're now just a unique pair :cool-20:

Lenses both have general hairline wear marks, and the scrapes by the mounting bridge. Each pair does have some flaws which would be visible if held up and looking at them from the back - when wearing them those can be felt although due to the location/size of those visible marks they weren't a major obstruction. Happy to provide additional photos to have the buyer best understand their condition - I'm not super picky with lenses so long as I can see through them without needing to strain myself due to a blemish I'm good with them.

+Red has a couple scuff marks off center left (user's perspective) by the center etching and nose cut-out. There's a stress mark in the hook hairpin curve of the mounting hook.

Gold has some tiny nicks on the left (user's perspective) middle/center, as well as a scratch line on the bottom edge of the left wing edge. Has some stress lins in the hook hairpin curve as well as on between the hook's 2 catch points. I've tried to choose photographs that best showcase them in various light setting as well as angles, if you want some additional image just ask.

BONUS: Flak Jacket 1.0 splatter frame w/ new set of oem white rubbers is included. They were the trail run in getting the white pearl metallic color the way I wanted for the M-Frame, (they aren't identical in finish - as the M's have an additional pearl effect clear coat on top but the same blue n' whites were used on both) ironically they have better craftsmanship than the M, oh well.. The lenses are trash, sole purpose was for photographs.

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
"crapsmanship" :D

That deserves a double "Like".

Very nice