• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mars Leather frame clip replacement

Here are a couple pics of them. I have been wanting them for a long time but just could not justify or swing the $700 to $1000 price tag for a new pair.....

Mars 2.jpg

Mars 1.jpg

Last edited:
This is very informative for myself also. I have a new set of BI's for my Mars, in need of a lens exchange but haven't attempted this before. I'm considering it now though!

This is very informative for myself also. I have a new set of BI's for my Mars, in need of a lens exchange but haven't attempted this before. I'm considering it now though!

IMO taking the clips off is harder than putting them back on. Or at least it is without leaving any marks and/or breaking the original clip. I'd stock replacement clips in advance, just in case.

IMO taking the clips off is harder than putting them back on. Or at least it is without leaving any marks and/or breaking the original clip. I'd stock replacement clips in advance, just in case.
Thanks pal. I have 2 on and 2 new spares so fingers crossed .... when I decide to go for it :)

I always wanted to know how to make this exchange. I already asked for other people and I already adapted rings. In my Mars last time I made an adaptation with wire.
Nice.