• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Matte Or Polished Frames?

Matte > all, I live in an extremely hot climate. And regardless of what I'm doing, any amount of sweat , if it's a lifestyle frame with no rubbers, it will start sliding even if it's slight. I don't have this problem with matte since the finish is more rough. All apart from the fact that matte just looks better ;)

Matte > all, I live in an extremely hot climate. And regardless of what I'm doing, any amount of sweat , if it's a lifestyle frame with no rubbers, it will start sliding even if it's slight. I don't have this problem with matte since the finish is more rough. All apart from the fact that matte just looks better ;)

Does the matte leave finger print marks or skin oil on the frame?

I mean if you use them without cleaning after a while it will. Polished frames are the culprit for that. After 1 wear they are moist and fingerprints everywhere

I mean if you use them without cleaning after a while it will. Polished frames are the culprit for that. After 1 wear they are moist and fingerprints everywhere

I was trying to think back as to which frame is prone to leaving finger prints after handling I know polish frames always have micro scratches or imperfections from the factory. Unless all the frames I had coincidently had the same issue.

l have fuel cell ferrari wich is matte
also crankcase ice irid polarized clear matte
pb2 vr28 wich is both
btw l just love the black decay they should make more versions of that
but yeah once hb's are very common here the fake versions are only made in matte finish (aaand not everyone can spend a half minimum wage[400-600 brazilian currency] in a legit hb)
l'm trying to get rid of my sliver prizm polished to get hb prizm matte l already own a hb-02 polished warm grey polarized
making the lens interchangeable

Last edited:
I have both a Matte, and a Polished Monster Dog.
That Polished Black with a gun-metal icon and BIP sure looks fine.
The Matte Black is with Warm Grey, and it's the one I wear when helping a friend move.
So, I vote "Polished" 'cause I'm lazy...
:crazypilot:

16650256_703257796511949_2072799083_n.jpg
just got this hb prizm and discovered chrome surface at the 0 logo

I am planning to buy my first ever flak 2.0 XL..what would be a better color choice between matte white frame sapphire iridium and polished white jade iridium?

Back