• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Minute Machine Battery Swap

IUSTEVE

I am Jim Jannard...
INDIANA
Has anyone attempted to replace the battery on a minute machine yourself?

I have two that have just died and am worried to send across the country for fear of....

Being lost by USPS
The cost of shipping and insurance
Being lost/damaged or deemed unfixable by Oakley
Being lost coming home
And just fear itself

I don't have of or know of a top quality watch repair/jeweler in my area so don't believe that's an option.

Any help, tips or suggestions??

They're fairly simple to do just the 4 slotted screws on the back case then when that is off there's one more slotted screw holding the battery down with a small clip. Pretty much any watch place should be able to do it.

To my understanding isn't there some sort of gasket/seal in there to make sure is A) in good shape and B) assure is seated correctly prior to reinstalling the back?

Also is this something I could tackle myself?

There is an oring on the back cover. Most of the time I've taken the back cases off an mm the oring stays in place on the back case. But if it comes off it's pretty easy to put back on just sits around a lip. Just have to make sure it's not all twisted or anything.

The replacement is easy after doing it once.. opening the back cover is super simple. Once inside the back you have to use a very small flathead to remove a tiny screw that is holding a small retainer clip over the battery ( it's a bit springy so be careful not to loose the tiny screw ) the hard part is finding a thin enough screwdriver ( recommend a .3 mm and then use sandpaper to sharpen the flat part to almost knife shape. Use tweezers to help put screw back in and highly recommend taking band off to have clear access to back of watch. When replacing the springy clip hold it down with a finger until you finish screwing in the tiny screw or it will spring out and you will never find the screw again!

Last edited:
The rubber gasket is also important but it's not so difficult to close back up in the right position. If you think you didn't put the rubber in right position try putting Watch under faucets running water for 1 second then checking if you get foggy internal if you get foggy internsls reopen and try putting rubber in right position and repeat the testing process.

First off I'll need to find a small enough flat head driver....

Then maybe I'll attempt myself. Don't really want to ship them both to Cali if I can help it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Come on dude; it's super easy. Go to lowes or homedepot pick up a small tool kit. The gasket ring is easy to prevent water damage too. If I had an oakley watch with me I'd swap out a battery in a video. Can anyone do a simulation video for my man; so he doesn't get his watches lost in shipping terminals

Anyone recommend a good quality flathead driver this small that I can purchase? Quality is key here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest Posts

Back