• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Minute Machine Battery Swap

Have a clean well lit area to take it apart. Maybe a large tray to work in just so a small screw doesn't wander off or roll away. And do it in a room that doesn't have carpet just in case a screw does fall off the surface your working on. Split the band in half at a link or take one of the spring pins out at the clasp so you have good access to the back of the case. Take a pic when you take the back case off for reference . Usually the back cover doesn't just fall out when the screws are all out. Sometimes you have to flip it over and tap the case to loosen the back cover so it will pop off. Crud gets built up into the cracks on alot I've noticed.

Have a clean well lit area to take it apart. Maybe a large tray to work in just so a small screw doesn't wander off or roll away. And do it in a room that doesn't have carpet just in case a screw does fall off the surface your working on. Split the band in half at a link or take one of the spring pins out at the clasp so you have good access to the back of the case. Take a pic when you take the back case off for reference . Usually the back cover doesn't just fall out when the screws are all out. Sometimes you have to flip it over and tap the case to loosen the back cover so it will pop off. Crud gets built up into the cracks on alot I've noticed.

Thanks sir. Also what should I expect in regards to the O ring or gasket on the back? I don't want to ruin it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use a 1.4 mm ( not .3mm previously I was mistaken ) sanded sharp for the little inner screw that's holds down the battery retainer clip. ( remember to hold the clip with one finger and take watch band off beforehand to have clear way to work on the inner parts..

I use a 1.4 mm ( not .3mm previously I was mistaken ) sanded sharp for the little inner screw that's holds down the battery retainer clip. ( remember to hold the clip with one finger and take band off beforehand to have clear way to work on the inner parts..

Do you also use a 1.4 on the 4 screws on the case?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1.8 ( a bit big 1.6 would probably work best) I believe but it was a bit tight so best bet is finding something a little narrower. After sanding the 1.4 it becomes a bit weak to remove the outer screws.

Back