• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Minute Machine Crown or Stem

Thanks for the mention bttb, you were very lucky that I found some broken one's that I had just fixed days before.
I found out that you can disovle the broken stems out of the Crowns with ALUM. 👍
Hope you enjoy your Aussie trip.
Cheers Deano.

View attachment 1105598
That's great to hear. I had throught the stem was stainless so I had never tried using alum to dissolve it.

That's great to hear. I had throught the stem was stainless so I had never tried using alum to dissolve it.
Yes, it works well. It took me a few weeks changing the ALUM mix and boring down the stem with a small screwdriver.
I wish I found this solution years ago. Now I am going to get pissed off people that I told I couldn't help them out. 😬

I've dissolved alot of screws out of x metals with aqua regia but I figured that would have eaten up the spring mech inside the crown. Great to know alum works have replaced quite a few gearbox crowns that were snapped right off flush.

Thanks for contacting me about your HP (Hollowpoint) different watch than the OMM (Oakley Minute Machine) in this thread.
And yes I told you I couldn't fix your HP because I didn't have the parts required. lol.

It’s cool. If you can’t you can’t. It’s just odd no jeweler can repair a crown anywhere. I swear. So frustrating. It’s the only thing wrong with my HP. I just avoid moisture and it’s not a huge deal but I bought it that way. Douche that sold it to must have let it slip his mind. lol

I've dissolved alot of screws out of x metals with aqua regia but I figured that would have eaten up the spring mech inside the crown. Great to know alum works have replaced quite a few gearbox crowns that were snapped right off flush.
Yes, I thought about the spring as well so I made sure to clean the Crowns in my ultrasonic tank.

I had same issue, been living with it like this for several years.

But I was out in Australia last month and hooked up with @Jorzaky (Deano) who fixed it overnight as I was travelling through Melbourne area.

Wow I'm so impressed with his workmanship, so glad 😊 he was able to help resolve issue.

If anyone on the forum needs excellent watch repairs you should definitely touch base with @Jorzaky
He does great work. Fixed up a Timebomb for me and it's been running sweet ever since.

Back