• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Minute Machine on EBay

702baby

Under The Electric Sky
Vegas Baby, Vegas!!!
Is this legit? I'm not buying it but it sure looks weird to me.

Screenshot_20160919-220721.png

At first glance, it looks like the all-black face that typically comes with the black leather or unobtanium bands. This one just happens to have the titanium band. There are a couple on sale on eBay at a moment to compare or even at o-review.com. But those pictures show that the icon on the face is black and not silver like this one. Maybe it's a generation thing.

I don't see "swiss" anywhere on the face either...also the O looks like it's not centered/levelled properly.

Could just be the poor quality of the photo. I'd either ask for some clear pictures (of the face and case back) or move along.

Its a fake. The all black from the leather version has the Oakley and Swiss made in the lower right corner. Also the O on the top is surrounded by a dark chrome piece. The face looks like just a matte black where the real deal is like black chrome. Another sign is the washers are not beveled to match the shape of the links.

Last edited:
Also another way to tell a fake look at the shape of the case where the crown and chrono buttons stick out. Fakes the raised areas just sort of jut out and have harsher angles whereas a real one these parts more flow into the shape of the case more smoothly.

Also if you see a pic of it from the side fakes have very flat spots machined in between the crown and chrono buttons and same goes for the shape of the case on the left side.

Back