• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Movement swap in Hollow Point watch

geneticcode

Oakley Enthusiast
Utah
Since the FMJ case was designed for the ETA Valjoux 7750 movement and the Hollow Point case appears to be machined with the same dimensions, would it be possible to put a 7750 into a Hollow Point?
What are your thoughts?
I am considering doing this with a skeleton 7750 so I wouldn't need the Hollow Point dial which would obviously not work with the 7750.

A lot depends on where the cut out for the crown is on the case versus the vertical height of the movement, plus the spacing of the pushers.

The 7750 is 30mm wide and 7.9mm high. Difference in width can be accommodated with spacers but you might still fall foul of crown and pusher placement.

I am considering doing this with a skeleton 7750 so I wouldn't need the Hollow Point dial which would obviously not work with the 7750.

The subdials are positioned differently on the FMJ (6, 9, and 12 o'clock) than the HP (3, 6, and 9 o'clock). Might be a bit of a showstopper.

Ah, I re-read your post and realized you'd already thought of that, not planning on using the HP dial. So the watch face would look quite different but the case would be HP.

Interesting, like to see how it works out. I like skeleton watches. Would be even cooler if you could retrofit or replace the case back to be display...

Ah, I re-read your post and realized you'd already thought of that, not planning on using the HP dial. So the watch face would look quite different but the case would be HP.

Interesting, like to see how it works out. I like skeleton watches. Would be even cooler if you could retrofit or replace the case back to be display...
FMJ back is display. But you did know that......right Mr. Font? :p

Latest Posts

Back