• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

MOVIES/TV SHOWS The Place To Discuss And Review Movies/TV Shows

Saw Capt. America Winter Soldier today. If you like the other Marvel offerings ie: the Iron Man's and Avengers than you will like tis as well. Its better than the first Cap movie. No Academy award winning performances but its a very entertaining movie. Lots of really good digital effects and some great action sequences. A super fun movie for the whole family. Lots of Marvel Universe references and plot lines for the comic readers. Recommend

Agree, way better than the first movie, and very reminiscent of Avengers in it's grand scale. I liked it.

The Grand Budapest Hotel was a bit of a let down. Was expecting something funnier and smarter but it was just a very stylised black thriller comedy, minus the comedy and thrill.

Also saw Capitan America. Was a little diffrent story line than i was expecting but was good. Wife enjoied it and it was interesting for her reaction because she did not know anything about the winter solider.

So I've seen the movie "Jobs" the other day. Kinda interesting and boring at the same time. Would I watch it again? Very doubtful but if I did it would be because someone would want to see it.

If you like Apple products and would like to see how they pretty much came to be then this movie is for you.....if you don't give a crap pass this movie up. :)

waiting for x-men

jobs is on my list i despise apple products but i am facinated on how these compay became what they are today and the people that drove them

Like many of you I rarely hit the theaters, only about once or twice a year (and I'm pissed at Alamo Draft House for dropping Growler refills, breach of contract!) so I'm typically about a year behind as they hit the movie channels like HBO Starz etc, unless they come out earlier free on amazon prime, or I just can't wait and buy a blu-ray - home theater all the way...

I'm really looking forward to the new x-men; this storyline was one of the classics from the comic books. It might be one of my theater viewings this year. That said, I'm afraid my anticipation may set up unrealistic expectations and I'll end up disappointed, at best merely satisfied (Prometheus was good and I'm looking forward to the sequel but overall I was expecting more).

I mean, how often are you psyched about a movie and then when you see it, it actually exceeds expectations? It happens, but not very often. One that really sticks with me is Avatar - I was looking forward to that one for almost a year, saw it opening night in 3D, and it blew me away big time. More recently, Cloud Atlas, maybe?

You?

So I've seen the movie "Jobs" the other day. Kinda interesting and boring at the same time. Would I watch it again? Very doubtful but if I did it would be because someone would want to see it.
I watched it a month or two back. I came out thinking Jobs was even more of a jackass and got rich on the backs of others than before having seen it.

I know some people went crazy about how it showcased his vision and all of that... but the guy was an idea thief. He could market and sell, but not have original product thoughts.

Anyway, that was my reaction as an engineer, designer, etc. I'm the type who gets his ideas stolen by the guy that can sell it.

Does anyone care to debate the original Star Trek #2 vs. the reboot #2 (Wrath of Kahn vs. Into Darkness)? It can be on its own thread or via PM, if you prefer not to do it here...

Back