• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

MUZM Mars

Here is the Canadian Oakley sales link. I ordered a pair so I can do my comparison. If they do not hold up to the quality of the originals they will be going back.

IMG_8352.jpeg

Still available to add to bag on Oakley Canada. They certainly do say “limited edition” but nothing regarding how many or that they are numbered in any way. They do have this text though. They are “hand stitched”!!…

Utilizing the same cutting-edge technology that produces complex metal parts for aerospace, X Metal is now built with direct metal laser sintering process. Using high-powered lasers to melt the intricate X Metal powder, we are able achieve sculptural shapes that will then be hand-finished, and hand-stitched. From leveraging equipment to build rocket booster parts to manually sewing suede leather to the chassis, the result is extra-terrestrial.

Celebrating the same rebellious optimism of the brand almost 20 years later, the Mars X Metal reedition features Unobtainium™ earsocks and nosepads as well as Prizm™ 24K lenses that enhance colors and contrast to see more detail

Oh hell, here comes the rebirth of XMetals.
You can hear it in the background of the ad/announcement.

Says sold out per that link
Still available to add to bag on Oakley Canada. They certainly do say “limited edition” but nothing regarding how many or that they are numbered in any way. They do have this text though. They are “hand stitched”!!…

Utilizing the same cutting-edge technology that produces complex metal parts for aerospace, X Metal is now built with direct metal laser sintering process. Using high-powered lasers to melt the intricate X Metal powder, we are able achieve sculptural shapes that will then be hand-finished, and hand-stitched. From leveraging equipment to build rocket booster parts to manually sewing suede leather to the chassis, the result is extra-terrestrial.

Celebrating the same rebellious optimism of the brand almost 20 years later, the Mars X Metal reedition features Unobtainium™ earsocks and nosepads as well as Prizm™ 24K lenses that enhance colors and contrast to see more detail

I am thinking Lux finally figured out the only way they can make money through the "Oakley" brand, is to bring the "Oakley" brand, back. Meaning when Oakley was under Jim and was innovative. Since Lux is shallow on innovation, they are just going to ride Jim's coattails, it seems to me.

Back